Thread: What next for Arial Photography and Drone play?

What next for Arial Photography and Drone play?

So I have the Phantom FC40 Quadcopter and have found it's limitations fairly quick. I love it, but really want and need a live video feed that can be watched no matter how far the drone goes. As it is know the iPhone wi-fi being the limitation of the video. A guy on youtube left some awesome comments and tips for me, so I wanted to summarize it all here for my own reference, and figured some of you might be interested in this type of thing, so why not share the effort.

Basically what I want to do is build my own with a hobby style kit of sorts. Check this out:

DJI Flamewheel F450 Combo 3 V2.0 (NAZA Lite + Legs)

Name:  dji-f450-combo-3-big.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  88.9 KB

This kit comes with the very basics and will work with my current phantom controller I believe. A much better build and overall design allowing for customization and easy repairs. Plus, I get to put it together and solder some wires, big fun if I can find the time The center area allows for a much larger battery pack also! I could also get the six blade and motor version for more lift capacity, but that will just cost more money for everything.

Looks like fun to me!!

Now for the video feed problem? Something like this will solve that problem:

AUN1380 FPV Full Combo 1.3 GHz 800mW with FPV LCD Monitor

I'm sure I will need to get some other gear and I have zero money currently, but this is what I'm currently eying up as a possible new toy project at some point.

Any other drones users out there??

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

http://vimeo.com/102508168 This one looks interesting 5kg lift capacity

Oh Yeah, the S900 is the bomb from DJI and the latest and greatest kit copter! I was also looking at the S800 which was discontinued recently Thanks for the link!

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens