Thread: Camera Error

Camera Error

While out today take a few shots of thing in my area and I was on my last lot of shots.
    I was so close to home when I seen a fella with a parachute and he was getting air in it but no lift off.
    So I got a few shots of this when I seen a small hawk zooming close by.
    So off to get a few shots of it and this is when the CAMERA ERROR was on my screen.
    I could do nothing to it so I turned it off then back on and I got one shot as I turned it one.
    Then the same thing. I tried it a few time and the same thing.

Got home unloaded the camera gear and grabbed the manual and nothing in there about this.
    So youtube and there it was.
    What you have to do is take your lens of and put it back on.
    I had to try this a few time also but then it went back to working.
    I am not sure if others have had this happen but it sort of scared me as I thought I was up for a new camera and we just can't afford one at this time.
    So this fix works but if you have to do it here and there so be it.
    This is to let everyone know about this little issue.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

I had the same problem with my A7II for a long time. I saw many solutions suggested online, none of which actually solved the problem. I tried the lens on/lens off, battery in/battery out, fire shutter with lens off, jiggle the sensor around (scary), and a few other suggestions I don't remember. The problem continued after all these "solutions." For a long time I could just turn the camera off then on again, and it would work fine. Eventually it simply stopped working and the shutter would not fire even though the power was on. Recently I had it repaired ($385) and was told they "replaced stabilizer unit and flex circuit." So far it works fine. I was able to go on a good while before I finally had to get the repair. Hopefully you will too.

I have done all what you have done and I have come down to the final thing being that the count number has been reached.
    I am not sure what they do to fix that but I am sure it would be like a semi rebuild.
    But I am going to just cut my losses and sell what I have got and move to a Canon.
    Reason why is because Sony Australia stinks.
    Their way of support is to make you buy the most up to date camera there is.
    And bugger the camera you have now.
    So I am sad to let go of the camera but to move away from Sony is all down to them.
    Thanks for trying to help but as they say its all a little too late in this case.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters