Thread: Sony a7ii shutdown

Hardcore Member

Sony a7ii shutdown

Just installed the latest update a few days ago...ver3.30

Was using camera the other night, and swapped out battery(yes, it is a Sony battery) as my battery was getting low in the percentage(I believe it was at 19%). All good right up until that point....

When I turned the camera back on, it hesitated for almost 5seconds. And when it did power up, it asked me to enter date/time and to visit the PlayStore! Apparently, the camera decided to completely reset itself? The data on the SD card was still there, and the version still showed 3.30........but everything else was back to 'factory settings'.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?
    Has Sony decided to 'unfix' something in the camera? (I'd really rather not have to reset my settings, in the dark, outside, ugh)

Anyho....this is some of what I was working on. Already shared the photo on Jays' FaceBook 'page thing'

Scott (uncompressed data is more fun) B

That is an amazing capture Scott!! That looks like a Hubble photo to my eyes It almost looks like a planet forming or something....

As as far as the camera resetting, that has happened to me once before on the a7r I think. Only after a firmware update though. Perhaps the battery glitched it some how? Weird...

Incredible work and and thanks for sharing,

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Elite Member
    scott is that what they call deep space photgraphy using a telescope etc ?
    Camera : Sony A6000
    Sony Lens : FE 90mm f/2.8 G OSS Macro , 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS, 10-18mm f/4 OSS ultra wide,FE 16-35mm f/4 OSS ZA Lens
    Sigma Lens : 30mm f/2.8 DN

500 px : https://500px.com/stevemeier

Advanced Member
    You took that incredible photo, due to a mistake ??? I wish I could make mistakes, like yours !!!