Thread: Between work and play

Hardcore Member

Wink Between work and play

Now that I can do as I want/please, without the WC police hunting me. I took some time from milling logs to go to the Spring River with my wife! Fishing and floating are fun, but the real fun is getting up early and walking the river bank to find 'stuff'!

This one screamed HDR ME! After all the leaves in the lens were almost blacked out, and really would distract from the rest.....

Not sure I even like this one, the HDR helped the scene, but at the same time the amount of river fog dulled everything.....

And on the way home....a quick stop. Used a 10-stop Hoya to help me make this HDR during the high-noon hour(it was way too bright).

HDR is fun, and using it in conjunction with a 10-stop is really fun.....all above were taken using a Sony a7ii and Sigma 24-70/2.8(on a Sony meta)

Scott (I gotta go mow now) B

Really impressive work Scott and killer processing work! All of these images have something special about them and I don't think the fog takes away from #2 much at all. The framing on #1 is awesome, and the long exposure of the last image makes it surreal

Thanks for sharing and I'm really glad to see you getting out there!!

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Elite Member
    great images scott.

your second pic I get what you are saying....its in landscape as a pano....unless you cropped it right down....I think if was done in portrait so a bit more trees the fog and water would have looked like you were after a bit more.....recently had the same issue.....I am still looking at it in LR and deciding what to do with it....8-)
    Camera : Sony A6000
    Sony Lens : FE 90mm f/2.8 G OSS Macro , 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS, 10-18mm f/4 OSS ultra wide,FE 16-35mm f/4 OSS ZA Lens
    Sigma Lens : 30mm f/2.8 DN

500 px : https://500px.com/stevemeier

Here is another thing I have only done a few of and I must look at doing a few more of them.
    I particularly like your last image but I like the reflection in the 1st also.
    Well done on doing these.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters