Thread: Black and White Engagements

Black and White Engagements

Em & Rich - Connection
    by Pan S, on Flickr

Em & Rich - Shared Sights
    by Pan S, on Flickr

A pair of my favorite photos from an engagement shoot. Long live the Tilty Flippy screen.

The editing of color and B&W photos are different, sometimes and often I prefer the B&W renditions. I wouldn't want a majorly B&W photoset for a client though. I think I will start offering specific compositions in edited B&W versions. This should keep clients and myself happy.
    (Insert list of camera gear that lets others know how much money you have here.)

Very nice work Pan and I particularly like the second image If the guy was looking at the3 girl in the first, I think I would have picked that one instead though...

Thanks for sharing and very nice conversions. I think BW makes the photos much more timeless in my mind for whatever reason...

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Very nice work Pan and I particularly like the second image If the guy was looking at the3 girl in the first, I think I would have picked that one instead though...

Thanks for sharing and very nice conversions. I think BW makes the photos much more timeless in my mind for whatever reason...

Jay
    I wish this too, but this was as close as they got to it out of the shots. : ) The lens in your face just makes you want to look!
    (Insert list of camera gear that lets others know how much money you have here.)

Agreed with Jay, these are really nice shots, Pan. Love your "Long live the Tilty Flippy screen." comment, too. LOL

The more I shoot, the more I lean back toward monochrome. I think I am going to go back through my collection and export a lot more to B&W. A comment on Google on one of my B&W shots, likening it to an Ansel Adams, has motivated me greatly, lol