Thread: A mount to E mount.

A mount to E mount.

I just read about the A9-ii, great read on this and very insightful.
    Even though my main camera had always been a Sony but that was due to the one I wanted to buy was sold out.
    I like my Sony and I am on my second one now. I have also hear about the A mount getting the chop.
    But for me I really have got nothing to worry about as I will never be a commercial photographer.
    So I am set as far as I can see, if I was going to do anything it would be to buy myself another A77.
    I think it will one day buy a second camera and it will be due to someone going over to the E Mount.
    But this will hopefully make a few more secondhand prime lens up for sale.
    I am hard pushed to find a fault with mine except for the operator not fully knowing more about his own camera.
    So if the A mound does go I will not have to move to them for a very long time.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

If anything, the A99ii would obtain the ARii's 42mp backlit sensor and 5-axis IS. Dual card slots and wizardry levels of autofocus which only that translucent mirror can create. The A77ii seems to retain all the lovely features, and the only difference from the A99 I can see is the smaller sensor. The A mount has quality glass from both Sony, Zeiss, and Minolta. True quality is hard to beat.

The one lens I really want from the A mount is the 135/1.8 Carl Zeiss ... it is as beautiful as the pictures she takes. Unforunately, the pricetag seems out of my mortal hands... $1800 + LAE4 at 350$ makes it as hefty as a 70-200/2.8 zoom.
    (Insert list of camera gear that lets others know how much money you have here.)