Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SAL Photography Challenge #10 - Planes, Trains, and Automobiles...

Quote Originally Posted by MWright222 View Post
    Wild paint job on those cars Brian! I know next to nothing about autos so I have to ask what is a geocacher?
    Nothing much to do with autos (of which I know not that much, either) Mike. You can check out this thread or just go to the source directly.

Here are a few more shots from the Airforce Museum:
    Cool shots, Mike! That looks like an interesting place to visit.

More good examples - beginning to think I'm sort of brain dead or just plain lazy this month. Nothing I've seen really has clicked for me. Guess I need to chase it rather than having it plop at my feet :-)

This was the closest I've come to the theme. Initially thought about calling it "desegregation?". I've gone by this beach bar too many times to count in the past 30 years (only in it once). Back then, it was a serious biker bar. However, life moves on. You probably would not have even seen a Japanese bike there 30 years ago, much less in front. Definitely not a scooter. Guess I'll take this as a sign of progress / tolerance (though there is still a certain distancing of the Milwaukee iron from the other two).
    shadracks08312 by Will, on Flickr

Amazing additions guys! Keep up the efforts and looking forward to getting something cool myself

Best,
    Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Hardcore Member
    Four more from the Dayton Airforce Museum:

I did quite a bit of editing on this one (removing some support wires, some lights, and darkening above the plane to give it a night effect, etc)
    Name:  plane 2.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  132.1 KB

Obviously a wide angle lens but not wide enough for these tall rockets. I tried to see if the various functions in PS and LR
    would straighten them out but the results were not adequate (too much wide angle distortion I think). So now I am going to say the distortion was planned as is.
    Name:  rockets1a.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  221.2 KB

A PG rated photo:
    Name:  shoo shoo2.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  214.9 KB

I was dazzled by the intricate workings of this propeller engine. There was a sign right in front to the engine that is distracting so I went with a closer up view.
    Name:  emgine2.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  304.3 KB
    Last edited by MWright222; Sep 24 2015 at 07:55 PM.
    Gear: Sony A6000, Canon T5i, Zeiss 16mm-70mm, various Canon lenses, PS Elements, various Topaz plug ins.

Mike

MWright222... Sweet images....

Here, Lu is photobombing, again, as usual.

the HepKitty from Hepcat City.

Quote Originally Posted by MWright222 View Post
    Four more from the Dayton Airforce Museum:
    The rocket shot is really nice, with contrast and perspective drama. With regards to the FOV, I would have suggested to take 2 portrait oriented shots and stitch them in post but the image as-is is still excellent.

Also, good work on cleaning up the first picture. All in all, your visit to the museum produced a nice photographic record. Would like to see more

Stef

Shot last night in Henderson NV.

Visited an automobile museum today to take some car shots. But at end couldn't resist the bokeh
    All taken with the a7 and Zeiss FE 55 1.8.

Finally found something I liked yesterday. Nothing as quite as good as the other car, plane or transportation shots here, but still somewhat classic in it's own right.
    SUPERVAN

TheVanofSteel
    by Willie, on Flickr

Willie

Cable cars
    Last edited by Obelix; Oct 2 2015 at 01:22 PM.

Zoom Zoom

a6000/SEL2870

Zoom Zoom
    by Ken, on Flickr

Henderson NV.

A7R MII, 28mm f/2

Awesome work folks!!!!!

I really wished I had participated more. My lack of participation is generally the result of a new position at work. Since school started in late Aug., I have not had a single day where I could work at home. In contrast, when I just taught, I worked at home at least 4 days a week most weeks. Hopefully, my schedule clears up for my own sanity. While I love my work, I also love photography. It's such a calming and relaxing experience. I need it. This is my month to get back into it, darn it.
    Everyday Camera: Sony A7; 55mm f/1.8
    “I am not interested in shooting new things – I am interested to see things new.” -Ernst Haas

Sean, I understand what you're going through, but I have no excuses. Basically just lazy and sick of the heat here, so I hadn't gone looking.
    Instead, mostly playing around with stuff I've already shot. This was experiment with photomatix tone mapping of single image.

'37 Ford from a car show several months ago. Didn't have a wide angle lens with me and it was kind of tough to get shots I liked.
    Really liked this car, but composition on these is not great, so they were just sitting on HD. I liked the pop that the tone mapping added to what were originally somewhat flat shots.

DSC02529_tonemapped
    by Will, on Flickr

DSC02484_tonemapped
    by Will, on Flickr

DSC02531_tonemapped
    by Will, on Flickr

Willie

A7R MII, 28mm f/2, ISO400, 1/320sec.

Seems like all participants here are professional Automobile Photographers . Awesome snaps by everyone . I guess participation is more important here . Few snaps from a road trip which I did recently.

Name:  DSC02939.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  223.4 KB

Name:  DSC04618.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  63.3 KB

That's a steam engine (Still functional) and the station which is at an altitude of 7400 Ft was build in the year 1891 .
    Name:  DSC04407.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  385.9 KB

Steam engine displayed in Rail Museum
    Name:  DSC04368.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  381.4 KB

Steam
    Name:  DSC04321.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  347.6 KB

Steam engine Controls
    Name:  DSC04306.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  347.3 KB

Steam engine Controls
    Name:  Untitled_HDR2.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  232.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Inspired by Lucille and Lu's amazing celestial work in particular, I tried my hand for the first time ever with Stars.... and my car I ended up not knowing what settings to use, so I went with ISO 400 f/4 @ 30seconds. ISO 800 worked better and 30 seconds was a bit to long I learned. I only had my car lights on for about 5 seconds or so. Next time I think I will do much better I feel, but I'm pretty happy with the results considering it's a first for me.

New Sony A7r II and my Canon EF 17-40mm f/4 L Lens via the Metabones III lens adapter

Thanks for looking!

Car Stars - Sony A7r II by Jason, on Flickr

Jay
    Love the shot Jay. You may want to try just using your car lock a few times to make the light flash for a bit or you can just run by your car with a diffused flash light to make the lines of the car show in long exposure. Stars look good. Galaxy shot would make this photo kick it. There's an app I use called Star Walk that acts like a compass and will let you see through your phone where the Milky Way is even though the sky looks black. Great job.

Lucille seems to be in her element here.
    (Insert list of camera gear that lets others know how much money you have here.)

I took a few photos of my motorcycle tonight.

I'll have to take some more later.

I'm having some issue transferring photos from my camera to my computer, I think it's a memory card issue ... It hasn't been working right since I went full on it. Reset the Camera, battery, computer, etc. : / I'll try again with another memory card. Until then, Camera straight to iPhone6 quality.
    Last edited by Panza; Oct 6 2015 at 09:23 PM.
    (Insert list of camera gear that lets others know how much money you have here.)

Really fantastic shots guys and please consider sharing in the new Challenge area I created on my Google+ SonyAlphaLab - Community here > >

Thanks,
    Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

MSC ANNICK, Panama Canal.

Took the wife on a big trip the past month.

Container Ship MSC ANNICK from Celebrity Infinity Panama Canal, Panama 9-30-2015.

View from our cabin, Celebrity Infinity Aqua 1 Deck 11.

Name:  22148352398_dfd711be7e_c.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  227.9 KB

CaptDave

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
    Took the wife on a big trip the past month.

Container Ship MSC ANNICK from Celebrity Infinity Panama Canal, Panama 9-30-2015.

View from our cabin, Celebrity Infinity Aqua 1 Deck 11.

CaptDave
    Yes Dave! one hell of an impressive boat : )!

"Kiss My Stern"

Nice parking spot

Hardcore Member
    Went to a car show for my first time ever Saturday. The cars were all parked fairly close together with most of them having their hoods up. I guess that is part of the show (to see the engine). I would have preferred hoods down for photos but that is the way it goes.

Name:  DSC02679 alpha.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  211.2 KB

Name:  DSC02687alpha.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  286.7 KB

Name:  DSC02723b alpha.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  220.7 KB
    Gear: Sony A6000, Canon T5i, Zeiss 16mm-70mm, various Canon lenses, PS Elements, various Topaz plug ins.

Mike

Carnival Miracle Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Carnival Miracle - from Celebrity Infinity Arriving Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 9-23-2015.

Largest (Level 5) Hurricane ever to hit the Western Hemisphere is striking Puerto Vallarta tonight! 10-23-2015

Name:  22233862480_76780dbcce_c.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  160.7 KB

CaptDave

Stumbled across this guy just after sunset today outside Orangeberg South Carolina. Sadly i didn't have my tripod or flash with me.
    Really bad lighting but had to try and catch it.
    a6300, a6000 , x700 wMD-1, Pentax k30, a580, a560 , a100 (stollen), 650si Date, 9000+MD90/BP90, XG-M, srTmcII,Nikon EM, Nikon N80, Hanimex Practica, Konica AutoreflexA, Ricoh KR5 super
    Peacock Designs

Few shots from a car show in the park yesterday.

'37 Ford - Love the fenders/headlights on these. Nice reflections in the front end.

37Ford03786
    by Willie, on Flickr

'53 Jaguar XK120 type C - beautiful, flowing lines for a car from 1953.

XK120c03771
    by Willie, on Flickr

XK120c03769
    by Willie, on Flickr

Then an old ' 35 Caddy - liked this one in black and white framed by the old tree and street light in background.

35Cadillac03796bw2
    by Willie, on Flickr

55mm f/2.4 SS1/90 ISOAuto

Finally got around to taking a picture of my Ducati, not just the headlights. It's a shame I don't usually have my camera on me when I'm doing longer distance traveling. I keep considering the small RX100-3. So I can pocket, ride, and go. Part of me feels defeat when I admit I want a glorified point and shoot though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast