Thread: Burning Cross

Hardcore Member

Burning Cross

Around the year 1600 an Indian found a small sparkling crucifix in the river Guadalajara. He took it home and placed it on a small alter. The next day he awoke to find it had grown to over a meter tall. Some years later the Catholic priests became aware that it was being worshiped by the Indians as a form of black magic so it was ordered by the Diocese to be burned. The Christ figure began to sweat and the Indians collected the sweat in cotton wool and used it to cure their ills. The crucifix was lowered from the flames and is preserved today in the Lord of Miracles Basilica of Buga, Valle de Cauca department, Colombia

Comments and suggestions welcome but please do not modify my photographs

Sony a6000 with 1.8 24mm Sony-Zeiss lens, Canon 7D with 400 5.6 and 580 EX II flash with Better Beamer

Nice shot Pitter & good piece of information

Thank you for interesting information.
    Amateur and unskilled photographer with a very small collection of gears.

Great frame and very interesting history that I'm really glad you shared

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Hardcore Member
    Thank you friends, I thought it was interesting too.

Sony a6000 with 1.8 24mm Sony-Zeiss lens, Canon 7D with 400 5.6 and 580 EX II flash with Better Beamer

If you want some constructive critiques:
    I would say that the cropping the picture a bit too tight. I would prefer to see both ends of the cross (horizontal).
    I would reduce the shadow slightly on Jesus' face by adding some light to it. (The shadow on the wall is fine.)

This is purely my taste. Again, the photo was great.
    Amateur and unskilled photographer with a very small collection of gears.

Hardcore Member
    You are completely right antony. The display didn't allow me to get the tips in so I posted it more as an illustration of the story than as a photo that stands on it's own.

Pitter I am a very non religious person, but i have heard a lot of these types of stories and think a little about how this or that can happen.
    I come out non the wiser, so i think if you believe then more power to you and who am I to say was a load this is.

Now to the photo I did agree with Antony and then I read your reason to why and understood as I know Antony will db also.
    It has everything going for it and a well done sticker to this.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

Hardcore Member
    Thank you Badhands, I am a non theist myself. I thought it was an unusual take on the usual crucifix. When I first saw it I had no idea was those silver decorations were on the cross.