Thread: Lytro

Lytro

I just bought Lytro Light Field Camera, 8GB, Graphite
    They are bonus deal of the day on Amazon, 8GB version is selling for $59.99

Obelix,
    Hadn't heard of it, but after some quick research, sounds like neat technology. Think it could be a good tool for working on composition skills, as it appears to capture light information and then allow you to choose focal point post capture to compose the output. I guess you could then capture a scene and compare how the different focal points would affect the look of the shot. Actually sounds like a pretty cool idea. Have you actually seen or used one of these?

Willie

Never used one, but I was always interested how it works.
    With price that low, I want to try it.

i'll be interested to see the results, looked on Amazon UK and same thing is a £120 (guess it aint a world wide deal of the day)
    I used to own stuff

That deal must be over, because for that price I was going to buy one also I always wondered about these cameras and I'm glad to hear you got one Obelix!

Impressive looking hardware:

Name:  20120318A1_NewLytroCamera_Today.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  281.1 KB

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Quote Originally Posted by Obelix View Post
    Thanks man and that is so weird. I actively searched amazon and could not find that deal! The reviews on that older unit are pretty sketchy, so I think I will actually wait for your interpretations come to think of it

Jay

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Maybe it was a Prime thing? Came right up for me and I went and leapt for the thing, same var. as Obelix. Sounds like fun!

Not sure, perhaps though! I saw pages of them looking under all deals and more....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk