Thread: New Drone Ordered - Yuneec Q500 Typhoon

New Drone Ordered - Yuneec Q500 Typhoon

Well, I just could not take it anymore and had to order something to play with other than photography gear, so after hours of re-search I found the newest best bang for the dollar drone option, the Yuneec Q500 Typhoon via Amazon for $1299 US >>

It has everything I want and need built in, so I should be all set for a while Comes with an extra battery, extra props, and much more.... I was also looking at the phantom 2 vision+, but it wasn't as good in my opinion for the money.

Below is the best video review of the Q500 I found and here is their website: http://yuneec.com/products/AerialUAV/q500-typhoon

YUNEEC Q500 Typhoon RTF with CGO2-GB Camera Unboxing and Review

Fallow Me Feature Testing:

Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Another quality review:

Jay

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Ralfs Foto-bude got 9 videos on that model

Step 1, remove camera.

Step 2, attach Sony A7II.

(Insert list of camera gear that lets others know how much money you have here.)

You are getting yourself such an awesome product Jay. I envy you . Hoping to see a review from you soon. Enjoy your On Air experience

Thanks for the comments guys and I am super excited about this new Q500 Typhoon Quadcopter! Thanks Obleix for the review/ tutorial links! That guy does a great job and I still need to watch a few more of his, because they are so detailed....

I have watched almost every review and tutorial I can find on youtube and feel like this is by far the best bang for the buck unit for me. I also feel like I'm ready to fly it already thanks to the learning curve I already went through with the Phantom FC40 I lost, and my little Husban X4. That little X4 drone is fully manual and requires fast reaction time and finger dexterity development to get good. The larger copters are way more stable and nimble from what I've seen and my limited experience anyway

I really should be able to get some killer footage with this thing and not have to worry about losing it it thanks to the much better video communication feed built in The fallow me feature in particular should yeild some excellent B-Roll for the reviews.

I'm not sure if I'm going to review the Q500 copter, because honestly the Internet has so many good ones already, by copter experts. I'm far from an expert and I don't think it will be worth the amount of time and effort required. However, it would be a lot of fun! I'm thinking more, that I will use the copter as my second camera man. I can film myself using the Sony gear that I'm currently reviewing making the videos even better. In other words, the video reviews would have another element added that I think would help the popularity. I really want to make the production as good as possible and I always seem to have road blocks. Time is obviously the biggest one I have to contend with, and filming using another camera and tri-pod is good for when talking to the camera, but for the vast intro scenes, aerial footage makes a tremendous difference. It puts you at the location better somehow and makes you feel more attached to the person speaking I feel. At least for me anyway All the cool filmed shows like top gear for example do stuff like this.

All I really need now is a mic I can wear on my shirt for better audio outside. Any ideas? They all look so freaking expensive.... I am considering getting one of the hot shoe mics made by Sony for ease of use, but the wind noise is something that I must consider. Audio quality is also very important to me.

Thanks again for the comments and perhaps I can use this thing for a few side jobs if I get good enough at it!

Best,
    Jay

Just watched this great "first flight" video by Ralfs Foto-Bude

https://youtu.be/9DysHpNIhgQ?list=PL...8wsR4WapV5p1Ja

Jay

Looking forward to some videos.

Video coming soon, but here are two quick snapshots from sunrise light this morning...

Looking away from the sun @ ~300 feet above my house.

I then aimed the camera down to get an updated aerial view of the house.

Jay

Hardcore Member
    Jay,

Just watched the review on this quad. Well done!!!!
    Looks like you have jumped way over anything I've ever thought about doing....that footage was awesome!

Scott (jealous....just jealous) B

Thank you so much Scott and here is the review encase others are curious and don't feel like searching It is so much fun Scott I must tell you and I want to get more footage, but I have hit a wall with getting in trouble and not wanting to lose the drone. I really don't feel like getting permission, but I must in order to get the next sequence of footage I want. Then again, I don't really need to get the footage, I just wanted to get it for the review mostly.....

Anybody want a killer deal on a Drone? It's totally a luxury item I enjoy, but really don't need anymore... I would rather put the money towards some glass, production equipment, or a new camera... I really need a new laptop as well. It's hit the 4-year mark and is not cutting it for 4k footage and many other things I do these days is taking forever... Solid state drives are the way to go and can make a huge difference is speed I have seen.

Thanks again for the comments Scott and I hope your taking a rest from milling at some point today!

Jay