Thread: No High Speed Sync for Sony and Profoto, Yet

No High Speed Sync for Sony and Profoto, Yet

Hey Pan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Unfortunately as we speak the Sony cannot do HSS with Profoto. The ability to do HSS is a function of our TTL remotes and not our manual remote. The extra pins on the bottom of the shoe are what the unit uses to send HSS information to the flash. We are looking to support other camera manufacturers in the future as the B1 has been more popular than we ever imagined. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you for choosing Profoto.
    Thought I might share this as it pertains to us Sony users. Profoto's High Speed Sync (HSS) feature can not be used with manual remotes. We will have to wait until Profoto creates a TTL for Sony system. I'm unsure of how long it will take.
    Last edited by Panza; Nov 24 2015 at 03:24 PM.
    (Insert list of camera gear that lets others know how much money you have here.)

thank you for sharing.
    Amateur and unskilled photographer with a very small collection of gears.

I decided to contact Profoto again to see if there was any progress on TTL for Sony, perhaps a Profoto Air TTL-S. The news I got was not ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Profoto
    Hey Pan,

I’m glad your loving your system. We are always trying to make sure we have the tools working professionals need to do their jobs. Sweden is aware of the demand for the Sony Air TTL remote. I send all requests off to them so they are aware of the demand. I have no information though on the timeline for the remote.

Sorry I couldn’t give more information. I just honestly don’t have it.

Let me know if you need anything else.
    Apparently, Sweden is aware of the demand and Profoto USA sends requests to them. Unfortunately, we don't know when and if they will react to the demand.
    I'm crossing my fingers for the ability to use my Profoto equipment with Sony TTL.

If you enjoy Profoto and want TTL for Sony, send them a statement.

http://profoto.com/int/contact-us-form-general

Otherwise, I'm left to use my other system for off-camera flash.
    (Insert list of camera gear that lets others know how much money you have here.)

It took years but Profoto finally created the Sony Air-TTL. It will be released in early 2017.

http://profoto.com/speed-redefined/us/air-remote-ttl-s/