Thread: Bones is now 13 weeks old - French Mastiff

Cool Bones is now 13 weeks old - French Mastiff

Our new puppy Bones is growing crazy fast and is already 30lbs! Check him out with some natural light which I love using to make the eye color as large and pronounced as possible

I used my Sony A7r and the FE 35mm f/2.7 ZA Lens for this photo and it's tack sharp!

Bones - 13 Weeks Old by SonyAlphaLab, on Flickr

Thanks for looking,
    Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Great shot Jay!
    I would love to see this in color.

Guess you have already trained him to give you a pose . Nice shot Jay and yes even I felt color would look more promising .

I really love this shot, Jay. Is this cropped pretty well or does this lens have a really short minimum focusing distance. Either way, it's terrific in how it's presented.
    Everyday Camera: Sony A7; 55mm f/1.8
    “I am not interested in shooting new things – I am interested to see things new.” -Ernst Haas

Thanks guys and I got color, no worries!

Sean, I did crop it a little tighter than the full capture. About 1/4 was cut off I would say and I was really close also!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

I like it in this form but just for me can you post the colour version of it to please.
    I am so jealous as I really want to get another dog/pup.
    The Bullmastiff is what I did look at before we got the Heeler, but I am thinking maybe Heeler again or a Bull Terrier.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

Quote Originally Posted by Badhands View Post
    I like it in this form but just for me can you post the colour version of it to please.
    I am so jealous as I really want to get another dog/pup.
    The Bullmastiff is what I did look at before we got the Heeler, but I am thinking maybe Heeler again or a Bull Terrier.
    Thanks, and I'll get the color version up ASAP I just need a few minutes that I don't have currently!

Best,
    Jay

Sorry for the delay and here is the color version:

Bones - 13 Weeks Old by SonyAlphaLab, on Flickr

Sean,

Here is a copy of the original raw file file and crop so you can see exactly what the camera captured and distance to subject via the 35mm vs 55mm in particular.

Thanks again for looking and the comments!

Jay

Looking at the edited color version with the raw file just below it, the edited version appears over saturated to me now. I just wanted to share that with you all encase you were thinking the same thing

I actually liked the original crop for the cool depth of field effect in the foreground, but the legs on the tv were killing me, so I copped it in.

Jay

Jay, I like the color shot - as far as being over-saturated, don't think I would have picked up on it, as dog colors really vary. I saw this on Flickr earlier and didn't think it looked over-saturated then. I guess it may be a little more saturated than original shot, but not having the original or "Bones" in person to compare, who would know. Good capture and I like the crop.

Willie

I like the original shot here. What a great looking boy his is going to be.
    Feeling a lot jealous now as I seen a pup I would have love to get.
    But her who must be obey went right off the rails. So its a no to a dog now for me forever.
    So treat him good and you will have a great mate for many years.
    Even though I know you was doing that anyway. I hope to see progress reports now.
    Please.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

Jay I feel the cropped color one if pretty ok. I loved this much better than the b&w one . Such a cute looking puppy . Loved it.

Bones is way cute. I like the original and color crop about the same; both versions are great for different reasons. The B&W for the sharpness, and the color version for those lovely green eyes... .

My condolences on the dog verdict, Badhands. I was just going to suggest another Heeler when I read that. I *loved* mine, and miss him greatly.
    Mr. Bronco (Canon PS A520)
    Name:  IMG_0028.JPG
Views: 253
Size:  100.2 KB