Thread: New Sony A7 software update available as of the 30th oct

New Sony A7 software update available as of the 30th oct

New software for the A7 version 1.10 replaces previous version 1.02 and on the camera if you connect to a wireless network there is a new remote app for the camera,
    The upgrade is somewhat lengthy read the instructions carefully although the screen prompts on the pc are self explainitary and consise, but given the mess some make of much simpler upgrades on other brands I can see thus causing some posts on the net��

Thanks for the info and here is the link to the Sony A7 Firmware Update >>

File Description UPDATE ILCE-7 Camera Firmware Update Release Date 10/30/2014 Version 1.10 File Size 196.66 MB Download This utility updates the ILCE-7 camera firmware to version 1.10 and provides the following benefits: Improvements over version 1.02:

• Improves the power-on time after downloading the Smart Remote Control application of the PlayMemories Camera Apps™.

Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version 1.10:

• Provides support for the SEL70200G lens:
      - Supports the "Fast Hybrid AF" function and future Fast Hybrid AF compatible E mount lenses
      - Adds the "Focus hold button" function
    • Reduces start-up time:
      - The start-up time has been reduced in cases when the camera is switched on immediately after being switched off
    • Improves image quality
    • Provides support for additional PlayMemories Camera Apps and additional features for previously supported apps:
      - Supports the "Liveview Grading" and "Smooth Reflection" applications
      - Supports the smooth automatic exposure feature in the "Time-lapse" application ver. 2.00 and later

Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Thanks.
    Firmware update is also available for ILCE-7R and ILCE-7S (different files)
    Amateur and unskilled photographer with a very small collection of gears.

Yeah. Good luck with that. After four tries I gave up. Sony made a firmware download that Apple doesn't like. Even with the normal download work around I could not get the firmware to download.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodpix View Post
    Yeah. Good luck with that. After four tries I gave up. Sony made a firmware download that Apple doesn't like. Even with the normal download work around I could not get the firmware to download.
    The Mac 10.10.1 update screwed everything up for use

Jay

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

I talked to Sony. They said the firmware was't designed for Yosemite at all. They suggested I use OS 9 or even OS 8. Better yet, they said, would be to use a Windows machine. Yeah, right. How do you design something released less than a month ago that doesn't with function with Yosemite? This is the same short sightedness they showed when they released the A7/A7r with almost no native full frame lenses. They couldn't tell if and when they would ever release a useable upgrade, but that I should just keep checking back. Uh huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodpix View Post
    I talked to Sony. They said the firmware was't designed for Yosemite at all. They suggested I use OS 9 or even OS 8. Better yet, they said, would be to use a Windows machine. Yeah, right. How do you design something released less than a month ago that doesn't with function with Yosemite? This is the same short sightedness they showed when they released the A7/A7r with almost no native full frame lenses. They couldn't tell if and when they would ever release a useable upgrade, but that I should just keep checking back. Uh huh.
    This is incredible and horrible customer support from Sony. Mac support has always been terrible and they must address this issue!! I've had issues since the A77 years ago until now with firmware updates and it's unacceptable considering how many Mac users there are in the photography and video field?

Mind boggling how Sony can not see how much of a problem this is?

Jay

I have no idea what they are thinking. OTH, the camera repair service center is, and has been, very good to me in the past. Much better than even Nikon's NPS. If I had any clue of who actually runs the photo division, I would write a real paper letter to him/her. These days real snail mail seems to have a bit of gravitas.

Ray