Thread: Arkansas River in the Fall

Arkansas River in the Fall

Here is a shot of the Arkansas River in the Fall before sunset. I didn't have time to use my ND filters since the light was changing quickly.

a7R + metabones IV + canon 16-35L II on a tripod

This was not shot as a pano. I use a special crop factor to give it a pano look.

And another killer frame with a reflection, but in the pano form which is a great idea! My only feedback would be to consider the horizon being off center. It is in your image, but perhaps a bit more one way or the other could help strengthen the composition even more?

Awesome work and thanks for sharing,
    Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Quote Originally Posted by digital_AM View Post
    Here is a shot of the Arkansas River in the Fall before sunset. I didn't have time to use my ND filters since the light was changing quickly.

a7R + metabones IV + canon 16-35L II on a tripod

This was not shot as a pano. I use a special crop factor to give it a pano look.
    Hey, took a look at your website. You have some really fantastic photos in your portfolio. Glad you're sharing them here, might want to include a link in the forum topic, "your work on the web" or in your profile, so others can see.

thanks for posting,
    Willie

Appreciate it guys. Jay, I typically avoid placing the horizon on center. I think it works for this particular shot. I will try a few different crops. Thank you for the feedback.

Willie, thanks for checking out my site! I will add a link.

I also think it works in this shot

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens