Thread: Depth of Field Video - Sony A-Mount 135mm f/1.8 Carl Zeiss T* Lens - SAL135F18Z

Depth of Field Video - Sony A-Mount 135mm f/1.8 Carl Zeiss T* Lens - SAL135F18Z

I took this video yesterday with my Sony A7r and LAEA4 lens adapter, which allowed for the A-Mount 135mm f/1.8 Carl Zeiss T* lens to be mounted. Pretty awesome depth of field and effects can be created with such a set-up. Not exactly a cheap set-up, but the quality is pretty amazing in my opinion considering I was just turning to focus ring by hand!

I tried to give a few samples of what can be done

Be sure to select the HD quality!! The little gear icon, bottom right of player once video starts playing...

Thanks for watching,
    Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Thanks Jay!
    Very impressive lens/camera combination and very creative video.

Taking a halftime break & finding this site to be addictive. Keep returning to find new items of interest.

Willie

Quote Originally Posted by wilmeland View Post
    Thanks Jay!
    Very impressive lens/camera combination and very creative video.

Taking a halftime break & finding this site to be addictive. Keep returning to find new items of interest.

Willie
    Thank you very much Willie, and that so awesome to hear. I decided to make a conscious effort to share pretty much everything I can! Some stuff is clearly not for everybody, but based on the views it seams others are interested in most of the stuff I post. It's a lot of fun I must tell you and this place is really starting to turn into a group of friends that happen to love Sony cameras and share several other interest consciendentially

Thanks again for the reply and this lens and camera combo is killer for video effects like this! I wish I had more time to try and create a movie or something

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Hardcore Member
    Made that pup disappear!

In Windows Live Movie Maker you can select the half speed option, yes it would make the video twice as long. But it would make the transition of the lens focus seem smoother and longer focusing on objects....easier on the eye looking for the next piece to be focused.

Scott (I enjoyed it!!!) B