Thread: The Bench

The Bench

I took this photo the other day with Sony A7r via the LAEA4 lens adapter and killer Zeiss 135mm f/1.8 T* Lens. I went for a BW edit in Lightroom, because it made for a much more interesting frame in my mind

Thanks for looking,
    Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Great shot Jay!
    You should test Sony 135mm f2.8 T4.5 STF (bokeh master, AKA cream machine) for comparison. This is only manual lens in Sony line-up, and unique to Sony.
    Last edited by Obelix; Sep 24 2014 at 07:58 AM.

I'm gonna end up getting an A7r if I keep watching stuff like these. Great picture Jay, is not just the lens but the photographer!

Quote Originally Posted by Obelix View Post
    Great shot Jay!
    You should test Sony 135mm f2.8 T4.5 STF (bokeh master, AKA cream machine) for comparison. This is only manual lens in Sony line-up, and unique to Sony.
    Thanks man I debated getting that lens as apposed to this one. Perhaps I will try to get, because the 50mm macro that arrived was for the Fuji-X mount The Sony e-mount version is still not available....

I was debating getting the 100mm A-Mount macro lens instead? Or perhaps the high end 50mm so I can use it in the 50mm challenge?

Later,
    Jay

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Quote Originally Posted by josegabrielsanc View Post
    I'm gonna end up getting an A7r if I keep watching stuff like these. Great picture Jay, is not just the lens but the photographer!
    Thank you very much for the kind words Can't go wrong with the A7r either! I love the camera and am really glad I scratched the screen and was forced to purchase it after all. Normally I just send tham back to BHPhoto when I'm done, but if I damage the gear I have to buy it or pay some crazy penalty. I really wasn't 100% sure if I wanted the camera then, but I'm still very happy with the camera and love using it. I use it much more than my Nex-6 when both are available. The Nex-6 is now collecting dust next to my Canon 5d Mark II.....

Later,
    Jay

With aperture like this you have to try it

Name:  135stf6.7.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  128.4 KB

WOW! Never saw that before Obelix I'll make a call now!!

Jay

Here is a good example of its magic

It really is pretty dreamy looking!

Jay

I like how things just appear out of nothing
    That video would be even better if he used tripod.

Yeah, the shaky cam really too away from an otherwise excellent depth of field and focus run

Although not perfect, that video was excellent at showing it off, and did inspire me to add some similar testing to my 135mm lens video review. I've done it before with lenses , but no in a long time. So, I will use the Lab scene and run through the focus range, then I will find something with crazy layers and try that a few times just like in this video. I will use a tripod though!

Thanks again for sharing,
    Jay

Hardcore Member
    Without getting 'taken for a search ride' in YouTube....(don't ask, it'll happen if I go there).

How is this video done, or better yet, what camera did you use?

Scott (neat) B

Not my video.
    It was done with A77

I just recorded some video that is very similar to this, except I used a tri-pod It still just a tad shaky from my hand on the focus ring, but I may be able to smooth it out in Final Cut Pro X, because I recorded at 60P this time!!

Basically all this guy did was hit record with the camera at f/1.8 and then turn the focus ring and walk throught the depth of field the killer 135mm lens offers. I'll show you some with the newer lens asap...

Jay

Here is the video footage I recorded yesterday with the 135mm f/1.8 lens

Jay