Thread: Abandoned Firetrucks - Sony A7r, LAEA4 Adapter w/ 135mm f/1.8 Carl Zeiss Lens

Abandoned Firetrucks - Sony A7r, LAEA4 Adapter w/ 135mm f/1.8 Carl Zeiss Lens

I found these old abandoned firetrucks last year sometime, but I did not want to get in trouble taking photos, so yesterday I went back! The owner happened to be there and I asked for permission He said enjoy yourself and I went to town!

Here is a few of the first firetruck I saw. I used the Sony A7r via the LAEA4 lens adapter and killer Zeiss 135mm f/1.8 T* Lens

Thanks for looking and more firetrucks to come as I get time

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Most excellent sir.....

Thanks for the comments Lucille Loving the lens!!

Jay

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

So using my current favorite camera and the Zeiss 135mm f/1.8 T* Lens ....no wonder you got these great captures!! The first photo does it for me. Jay, do tell. Is the Zeiss 135mm f/1.8 T* Lens worth the BIG price tag?

Thanks for the comments Lbier and sorry for the delayed reply

The Zeiss 135mm f/1.8 T* Lens is a lot of money but the buttery bokeh and sharp results wide open are absolutely stunning! It is a bit heavy though and large once you add the adapter on the Sony a7r. It might be worth waiting a bit longer to see if a FE 135mm native lens comes out. Who knows, but the full frame e-mount lens line seams to be Sony's #1 priority according the official road map posted a few days ago here: http://www.sonyalphalab.com/forums/s...admap-for-2015

Take a look at a few more firetruck pics I just exported from Lightroom 5....

Thanks for looking and many more to come,
    Jay

Thank you Jay. More interesting DOF shots. This lens is certainly well known for both its superior quality and cost. I may just rent this lens one day and see what I can do with it. Your photos are good examples of the 3D effect that comes from this lens. Looks like the weight and size are worth it! Can't wait to see more of your Zeiss 135mm f/1.8 T* Lens photos .

Thanks Bud I have many more, but so much to do and little time, sorry.... Coming this weekend hopefully!

Jay