Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So What Camera Bag Do You Have and/or Want??

Question So What Camera Bag Do You Have and/or Want??

I personally have the Tenba Shootout Medium Backpack (BHPhoto) and I love it, although it is larger than what I need these days for most of what I do. The convenience of the laptop holder is a huge plus for me and when I need to do serious work it can handle it. The zippers have a weather proof rubber seal that can make it a little hard to zipper at first than you might expect, but it does get easier and offers excellent weather protection even with out the included ran guard. It also has the waste strap so you can secure the load firmly when hiking or just bouncing a little with a heavy bag. It's not exactly cheap at ~$199.95 (Amazon), but it has served me well everyday for about 5-6 years now I would say.

Before the Tenba bag I had a lowPro and was disapointed with the quality I won't even mention the model number as I'm sure it's long gone. The zippers failed and should straps started to rip away. That being said, I also had a smaller lowpro bag similar to the Tramrac below before that and it was very nice. I can't recall the make though as it was almost 10 years ago now.

The next bag I have been eying up is the Tamrac Rally 6, thanks to Obelix pointing it out over in the New Sony LCS-PSC7 System Bag Thread (Click Here), which is also really nice, but very expensive @ $158 US compared to the Tamrac which is only ~$46 US @ BHPhoto | Amazon

So what are you guys looking at or packing already that us others should take a look at??

Thanks in advance for sharing,
    Jay
    Last edited by Jay; Sep 17 2014 at 02:36 PM. Reason: typo
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

I have large backpack, Ape Case Pro 2000 that these days serves more as the storage unit. It is large backpack so when I use i tend to over stuff it with gear.
    http://www.amazon.com/Ape-Case-Digit...amera+backpack

I use Tamrac Rally 6 for my A57, see above in Jay's post

For a6000 I use Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 20 http://www.amazon.com/Think-Tank-Mir...K07TX3G8SSJW1B

Looking at the bags on Amazon I seen this Amazon basic bag Medium DSLR Gadget Bag for $19.99 http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-M...0828765&sr=1-5

Lowepro Slingshot AW202

Lowepro Slingshot AW202

Name:  Slingshot202_monopod.jpg
Views: 2277
Size:  185.8 KB

Name:  Slingshot202_back2.jpg
Views: 2273
Size:  198.6 KB

Name:  Slingshot202_Stuffed_1.jpg
Views: 2344
Size:  177.4 KB
    Last edited by dragion; Sep 15 2014 at 11:58 PM.
    Sony Alpha A6000
    SEL1018 : SELP18105G : SELP1650 : SEL55210 : SEL50F18 : SEL35F18 : SEL30M35 : SEL20F28
    VCL-ECU1 Ultra Wide Lens Converter
    Fotodiox PRO NIK(G) - NEX D-Click Adapter
    ECM-XYST1M
    HVL-F20M
    LIM'S LE-HCA6000BK Half Case
    N
    eewer Vertical Battery Grip

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dragion/

Novice with a passion for creativity!
    Joint Photographic Experts Group

*hand-held only

Lowepro Adventura 170

Lowepro Adventura 170

Name:  adventura170_forward_2.jpg
Views: 2234
Size:  188.8 KB

Name:  adventura170_stuffed_2.jpg
Views: 2211
Size:  208.7 KB

Name:  adventura170_back_2.jpg
Views: 2202
Size:  183.3 KB
    Sony Alpha A6000
    SEL1018 : SELP18105G : SELP1650 : SEL55210 : SEL50F18 : SEL35F18 : SEL30M35 : SEL20F28
    ECM-XYST1M
    HVL-F20M
    N

*hand-held only

Sony Alpha NEX LCS-EMF/B

Sony Alpha NEX LCS-EMF/B

Name:  51k-tYRYf-L.jpg
Views: 2233
Size:  40.3 KB

Name:  fbae06dfa9fcc430d6e4a12b3b5a773f.jpg
Views: 3195
Size:  55.7 KB
    Name:  eda5fb599adea13ebfaff01845ac3bbc_51jPYEa2KlL._SL1024_.jpg
Views: 2528
Size:  86.5 KB
    Sony Alpha A6000
    ECM-XYST1M
    HVL-F20M
    N

*hand-held only

Awesome guys!! Thanks you so much for sharing the info and photos

All the bags look like excellent solutions to me depending on your needs and this thread should really help other folks just starting out and looking for the "correct" bag for them!

Thanks again and please continue to share your gear so we can get even more real world feedback...

Jay

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

This is what I have, and loving it so far. Very good durability, nice look. I can put pretty much what I want in it. That's what I use when I travel. I've been to Helsinki (Finland), Atlanta, Nashville, Miami, Key West, Chicago, Spain and the south of France with it. I like the fact that it doesn't look like a camera bag. It's discrete. There's a room for my iPad and even my tripod fits in it. But obvisouly it's not a bag I'll use for trekking.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPoAnWnEYHs
    http://www.caselogic.com/en-us/us/pr...1_-_anthracite
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Christian; Sep 17 2014 at 04:09 PM.

small bag for my fuji xe1 and sony cyber dumped by haversack go light now joined the evolution.

Name:  x-series_beige_case.jpg
Views: 2849
Size:  23.9 KB
    Last edited by Jay; Sep 17 2014 at 06:28 PM. Reason: formatting
    fujifilm XT1 Sony rx10. Sony he 5v Sony a6000. Soon !!

https://500px.com/flow

I'm liking that case logic bag you have their Christian for the desecrate aspect that you mentioned. These days that is a much better option for me, considering I am borrowing the gear a lot of the time I have on me

Thanks for sharing all the info!

Jay

Thanks for the info Ray and nice bag!

Jay

A quick snap of my bags. My main storage solution is a Vanguard Supreme 53d with divider bag, A Vanguard back pack for when I am on the move and for when I use the Nex I have a Crumplier five million dollar home bag.

DSC03256 by paulrsims, on Flickr

Hardcore Member
    Since I do not travel(at least anywhere that I can not carry my stuff in the backseat of the car), and I'm over-taxed and under-paid(or maybe the other way around), I made my own.

Used a backpack designed for a spotting scope(was a freebie from a local store that had a thief bore the spotting scope), re-cut the foam layer inside to fit the equipment I have. Total cost....NADA!

Scott (gotta save where I can to pay more taxes) B

Courtesy of josegabrielsanc who posted this in the whats Hot?? area instead of the original thread here. Sorry about the confusion as it's clearly my fault for allowing comments over in that section. I will turn that feature off now to prevent anymore commenting and future confusion in that area

Begin:

With all the high end gear you have that Temba bag makes sense. 2 camera bodies with lenses attached... really nice. Weather proof zippers is something that I would appreciate because I go often to the beach. It is close to what I managed to accomplished with my smaller kit, which I hope doesn't fall apart like it happened to you!

For my carry it all - I'm using the LowePro SlingShot 202 AW ($69.55). I never thought I'd buy a sling bag but it makes sense to me. I was able to slide the bag to the front and take a picture of my son while still cycling, full packed. It fits my body just fine.

This carries my 2 flashes, 3 lenses, extension tubes, filters, batteries, memory cards, cleaning kits, tripod etc.

When I'm just carrying one camera lens I take this one:

I'vebeen looking for a 3 lens plus camera bag and that one you posted looks like a good candidate. Do you think it will fit the 1670z, 50f18 and 55210 with the camera? If so I'm picking that one up.

For me 3 camera bags will do for the moment. Looking forward to see more camera bag configurations.

Thanks Simsy for sharing and really nice bags you have their!

Jay

The whats hot and the forum threads can't be same?
    For example, when you click on somewhere of the "whats hot" it cant be redirected to the original forum post? I already commented there thinking its was the forum lol.

I'm between the Lowepro Adventura 170 and the Tamrac Rally 6. Thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by FlavioRoss View Post
    The whats hot and the forum threads can't be same?
    For example, when you click on somewhere of the "whats hot" it cant be redirected to the original forum post? I already commented there thinking its was the forum lol.
    The Whats Hot?? area does have a link to the original thread, but it doesn't mirror the comments. Each promoted posts acts as it's own article in that area....

Jay

Custom made camera bags at Porteen Gear http://www.porteengearstore.com/
    Lots of choices in size, leather and fabrics

Meant to post this thread a bit earlier, but it takes time to find out all my bags.

It all depends on where I go, and what gears I carry.
    So far, I have following bags at home:
    Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Home, (previous generation, photoed below)

When I was using A350, it did not have enough room for additional lens and flash. However, it is a bit big for NEX-7 and one extra lens.

I then get a big bigger version:
    Crumpler 7 Million Dollar Home (also previous generation)

It fits A350 + a few lenses + flash + some accessories well.

After getting NEX-7, I needed new bags.
    Sony LCS-SC13:

But there are times I need to carry more…
    So Lowepro Photo Traveller 150 Backpack, enough room for more lenses and accessories, and best of all, room for iPad!

Also, there's another bag if I want to go absolute minimum: Sony LCS-EMS. Big enough for NEX-7 with one lens attached, a spare battery, and you can even squeeze in HVL-F20AM flash

Then, I got my A7r, and I decided it's about time to look after my shoulder, so here comes Lowepro Attaché x50:

Then, I realised that dragging a camera bag is not that convenient all the time. It's good that I don't have to carry things on my shoulder I have to say. I go for a backpack version, and back to Crumpler, Crumpler Crumpler 6 MDH Backpack:

The most current recent camera bag is the Crumpler 6 MDH Backpack. I use it quite a lot. It's does not look like a camera bag (which suits me), and has unusual way to access cameras. When I carry this Crumpler 6 MDH Backpack, I don't carry my man-bag (which is another Crumpler bag).

I have a few Crumpler bags… man-bag, gadget bag, laptop bag….
    Amateur and unskilled photographer with a very small collection of gears.

DLR on bottom, Sony in the top pouch. Tripod mount sucks. I wish it was centered on the bag.
    I only use this when I shoot events and need to carry a lot of stuff, but it doesnt have enough space for all my crap.
    I used to used it mainly because it would fit my 17" laptop which made it the only choice I had.

For adventuring I use my Daikine snowboarding backpack instead. Where the skis or snowboard would go I hold the tripod. It works for skiing and biking. I use individual pouches for all my crap.

I had silly handbag, I miss it. It held only one camera and one lens, I want another so bad -- but they don't make em like they used to. I gave it to a friend because I thought I wouldnt need it.

I think its time for a nice Ona. Gotta be fashionable. Also, I use my main PC and a tablet instead now. Tablet is very useful.
    (Insert list of camera gear that lets others know how much money you have here.)

I currently have a Lowepro SlingShot AW200 which I'm trying to sell.

My other two bags are the ones I use. I have a Kata 3n1-33 which is quite a large - mainly for storage of stuff, and a Kata 3n1-22 which is smaller but can hold a lot of stuff still!

Only reason why I don't use my SlingShot much anymore is because it doesn't have a slot to hold my laptop/tablet for when I go traveling.

LaterZ!
    Darren!!
    Last edited by Jay; Jan 3 2015 at 06:11 PM. Reason: added links and fixed spelling ;)

Advanced Member
    The Burton F-Stop is my most used.
    Name:  DSC00152.jpg
Views: 4960
Size:  291.0 KB

But I also have a few from Incase (Range and Ari Marcopoulos sling) that I used on a regular basis.

Advanced Member
    But lately, I've just been wearing it with my Peak Design Capture clips. I introduced it to my cohorts here.

Name:  DSC08610.jpg
Views: 1970
Size:  189.8 KB

Here are the three bags I have (all are compact and great for travel).

Lowepro Dashpoint 20 ($10):
    Fits an a5000/a5100 or equivalent size (a6000 would be too big) along with the 16-50mm lens or smaller. It couldn't be a more perfect fit for this camera. It's great for family events where you know you won't need other lenses.

Name:  Dashpoint20.jpg
Views: 1975
Size:  223.1 KB

Name:  dashpoint202.jpg
Views: 1967
Size:  278.8 KB

Ruggard Steak 15 ($35):

Fits an a5000/5100/6000 along with two lenses (or possibly three small lenses) along with memory cards in the pouches. Here's a screenshot with the a5000, 16-50mm lens, and 55-210mm lens.

Name:  r151.jpg
Views: 1946
Size:  246.3 KB

Name:  r152.jpg
Views: 1993
Size:  268.4 KB

Ruggard Hunter 25 ($30)

Fits a5000/5100/6000 along with about three lenses. The nice thing about this bag is it is tall enough to have any of the lenses mounted to the camera with the camera lcd facing up and ready for you to pull out and start taking pictures. It also has another compartment for batteries/memory card. Screenshot with a5000, 16-50mm, 20mm, and 55-210mm lens.

Name:  25.jpg
Views: 1908
Size:  240.2 KB

Name:  252.jpg
Views: 1910
Size:  277.8 KB
    Last edited by Jay; Jan 3 2015 at 06:13 PM. Reason: updated links

Thanks for all the info everybody and wow SP!! Nice Gear and photo of all the goods Very impressive arsenal to say the least....

Quote Originally Posted by SPtheALIEN View Post
    The Burton F-Stop is my most used.
    Name:  DSC00152.jpg
Views: 4960
Size:  291.0 KB

But I also have a few from Incase (Range and Ari Marcopoulos sling) that I used on a regular basis.
    Jay

My bags usually sit in a car or a fixed location. Then I'll return to my bag. (unless I'm bikkng). Inside my bag I keep camera and lens holsters for when I'm walking.

... They're holsters, not fanny packs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    (Insert list of camera gear that lets others know how much money you have here.)

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Thanks for all the info everybody and wow SP!! Nice Gear and photo of all the goods Very impressive arsenal to say the least....

Jay
    Thanks. If you guys subscribe to Popular Photography, it was in the January insert called "Alpha Universe" which is also available in the mobile app stores for both android and ios.

Quote Originally Posted by Panza View Post

My bags usually sit in a car or a fixed location. Then I'll return to my bag. (unless I'm biking). Inside my bag I keep camera and lens holsters for when I'm walking.

... They're holsters, not fanny packs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Holster style bag is very convenient and I don't know what happened to make them weird to where? It just happened one day, but I still love the design and practically is ideal in a lot of cases. I should pick one up, because often I take my large bag having nothing else available, and it's clearly not needed most of the time.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by SPtheALIEN View Post
    Thanks. If you guys subscribe to Popular Photography, it was in the January insert called "Alpha Universe" which is also available in the mobile app stores for both android and ios.
    I knew there was something about this photo that was striking my mind I subscribe to the magazine and congrats on getting it published, well deserving for sure!

Jay

Currently I have got a Lowepro 220AW camera bag which if you look at the Lowepro 200 look to be exactly the same.
    I will be selling this bag real soon. The other bag is a no nome bag that hold the Sony a390 and the 70/300 zoom lens in really nicely.
    This will be sold with the other bag for about $20.00 here. As on Facebook in our area there is a for sale thing there so only people from here can join.
    So I will put both up for sale for the one price.

I am getting another lowepro bag real soon as I bought in on ebay for just under $70.00.
    http://store.lowepro.com/flipside-400-aw
    To get the same bag here would be well over the $200.00 mark, so I thought why waste the money and all I have to do is wait awhile.
    It should be here next week now.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast