In this guide I will cover all the different Remotes, and Cables that are available for the Sony Alpha Cameras!!
The Remote Commander – RMTDSLR2
Cable Style Remotes
Sony RM-VPR1 Remote Control
Perfect for landscapes and portrait photography, the Sony RM-L1AM Remote for Alpha Digital SLR cameras offers greater control and enhanced stability while shooting. The Remote Commander eliminates blur by controlling the shutter release apart from the camera. Capture images from up to a distance of 196.8″/5.0 m for greater flexibility with the RM-L1AM Remote Commander Control from Sony.
- The Alpha Remote includes a 196.8″ (5.0 m) cord, and features a remote release button and shutter lock button.
- It enables remote control of shutter release apart from camera and prevents image blurring caused by depressing the shutter release button on the camera.
- Ideal for use with tripod or shooting at a distance from the camera.
Price: ~$57.00 US
The Vello Wired Remote Switch is designed for use with cameras that have the Sony Alpha style connection. Instead of hitting your camera’s shutter release button for long exposures, use the Remote Switch. The switch locks for long exposures and ensures that you won’t accidentally blur your images with camera shake. To operate simply press halfway to autofocus, and press the rest of the way to trigger the shutter. Press and slide forward to lock the remote for long exposures.
- Compatible Cameras:
- Sony: Alpha A100, A200, A300, A350, A500, A550, A560, A580, A700, A850, A900, SLT A33, SLT A35, SLT A37, SLT A55, SLT A57, SLT A77
Minolta: 7D, 5D, 7i, 7, A1, A2
- Vello’s Wired Remote Switch is a better choice than your camera’s shutter release button for long exposures, continuous shots, or macro photography. It’s the easy way to limit vibrations that can blur your photos
- Press halfway to autofocus
Press full to trigger shutter
Press and slide forward to lock for long exposure
Price: ~$9.00 US