The long awaited and killer Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Lens is now In Stock and available for the Sony A-Mount cameras! This lens is a crop factor designed lens, so if you have an A77 II, A77, A58, A57, it will mount right on. If you want to use this lens on one of the E-Mount cameras like the A6000 for example, you will need a lens adapter like the LA-EA3. Basically it converts the A-Mount lens, so it can work on the E-mount cameras, by adding the space needed and having the proper mounts on each side. One of the reasons why the E-Mount system is so awesome is the versatility and ability to adapter pretty much any lens via an adapter. This Sigma 18-35mm lens does not have OSS built in, so you need to be aware of that if you want to use it on a e-mount camera like the A6000. On the DSLR’s the in camera IBIS will work to stabilize this lens, so don’t worry about that Sony DSLR users!
The reviews on the Sigma 18-35mm lens are off the charts raving and that is why I am dedicating a entire post on SonyalphaLab to this lens! It’s awesome and a very fair price considering the speed and optical quality in my opinion.
Take a look at what the Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Lens offers:
Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Lens
First a closer look:
Optimized Lens Design
Four aspherical lens elements, as well as the incorporation of five SLD glass elements, help to minimize the appearance of distortions and aberrations throughout the zoom range and provide clear imagery with enhanced sharpness. A Super Multi-Layer Coating also benefits the image quality by reducing reflections and flare and contributing to greater overall contrast and fidelity.
Hyper Sonic AF Motor
The Hyper Sonic Motor provides fast, quiet, and smooth auto focusing that is well-suited for use with video applications. This AF motor can also be manually overridden at any time by rotating the focusing ring, giving you the ability to fine-tune image sharpness through manual focusing.
Other Lens Features
- Constructed using a TSC compound material, this lens is lightweight while also exhibiting notable durability and resistance to environmental changes.
- An internal focusing and zooming mechanism helps to maintain a consistent overall lens length and a non-rotating front ring facilitates more efficient use of circular polarizers.
A quality field review Courtesy of SLR Lounge | Photography Tutorials
- “The Best lowlight zoom lens for a mile.” -Gizmodo
- “The Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM captures twice as much light as an f/2.8 zoom and delivers more consistent sharpness than Canon’s 17-55mm.” -PC Mag
- “The 18-35mm isn’t just sharp for a fast zoom; in terms of outright image quality, it’s a match for many fast primes, even when shot wide open.” – Dpreview
- “We’ve got absolutely nothing but respect and love for the Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 DC HSM.”- The Phoblographer
- “Best performing APS-c zoom lens in our database.” -DxOMark
- “From what we’ve seen so far, this is going to be an absolutely killer lens.” -Imaging Resource
The Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 HSM lens is a winner for anybody demanding quality sharpness, killer low light performance, and versatility the only a zoom can offer. This lens is perfect for the wedding shooter using a crop factor camera in particular, but it’s a quality lens for anybody looking for that range.
Your support is greatly appreciated as we run this site in our spare time and are not paid. We can however, make a small commission if you click a product link that your interested in. That click will then give us credit if you choose to purchase any given item. This has no effect on the cost of the product, and is a simple way to give back to SonyAlphaLab.com for the effort and info we provide.
Tip Jar: https://www.paypal.me/SonyAlphaLab
Support SonyAlphaLab by becoming a | Patreon
Direct Shopping Links – Thanks for your Support!!