ourtesy of Metabones and Conurus.com, we have a New Sony Nex Lens Adapter for Canon EF lenses with Electronic Aperture Control and IS (Image Stabilization) Support!! This is a breakthrough as far as I’m concerned and I can totally see more Canon users jumping on board to the Nex System with Adapters like this available. Hopefully Metabones will make a few more of these adapters as Nikon users must be chomping at the bit after reading this!
The adapter is not cheap at ~$400 US, but the fact that it can control electronic aperture lenses (anything new) makes it totally worth the money if your like me and have several Canon L Lenses laying around just begging to be used. Another huge bonus is the IS built into the Canon Lenses will also work making this adapter even more appealing 🙂
The other none electronic adapters work well for what they are, but if your lenses are electronic, like mine are, you cannot change the aperture. In other words, your forced to shoot wide open all the time. To get around aperture issue you will need to use manual aperture lenses on the Nex camera system. Until now that is 😉 You can also find a ton more adapters and lenses over in my Nex E-Mount Lens Guide >>
This Smart AdapterTM has the following features:
- True electronic integration of aperture diaphragm – let camera automatically choose aperture in P or S exposure modes, or dial in yourself on the camera body in A or M modes.
- Powered by camera body. No external power source required.
- Wide open button (opposite of depth-of-field preview function) makes manual focusing easy.
Disclaimer: we are NOT licensed, approved or endorsed by Sony or Canon. This product is developed independently without any involvement of Sony or Canon.
- EF and EF-S lenses
- Image stabilization (IS)
- Electronic manual focusing (EF 85/1.2L, discontinued non-IS white telephotos, discontinued EF28-80/2.8-4L)
- EXIF (focal length, aperture, lens ID) P, A, S, M exposure modes
- Contax N mount lenses modified to Canon EF by Conurus
- Contax 645 NAM-1 adapter modified to Canon EF by Conurus
- Sigma, Tamron and Tokina lenses in Canon EF mount
- No Autofocus
Your support is greatly appreciated as we run this site in our spare time and are not paid. We can however, make a small commission if you click a product link that your interested in. That click will then give us credit if you choose to purchase any given item. This has no effect on the cost of the product, and is a simple way to give back to SonyAlphaLab.com for the effort and info we provide.
Support SonyAlphaLab by becoming a | Patreon
Direct Shopping Links – Thanks for your Support!!