Thread: My Car - BW Picture Effect Modes w/ Sony A7s

My Car - BW Picture Effect Modes w/ Sony A7s

I took these photos yesterday at the car wash using the two BW picture effect modes I like best via the the Sony A7s with the Zeiss 35mm f/2.8 Lens mounted! Rich Monochrome Picture Effect is the first and it takes 3 exposure's then combines them like Auto HDR. Then it creates a BW from the Auto HDR file basically, so the shadows and highlights have lots of detail. Next is the High Contrast BW Picture Effect, and that also works great for some scenes including this one in my opinion

You can download the picture effects for free if you don't have them at the Playmemeories Portal (Click Here)

Rich Monochrome Picture Effect:

High Contrast BW Picture Effect:

Thanks for looking,
    Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony Nex-6, 18-55mm, 55-210mm OSS Lens, 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Rich Monochrome is my favorite B&W mode, and it looks better to me in this comparison.

Thanks, I really like it best as well for BW at least

Jay

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony Nex-6, 18-55mm, 55-210mm OSS Lens, 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Hardcore Member
    Everything was done in camera?

That is amazing.....what else can it do? Cook sunny side up eggs!(If so, maybe I could have the wife borrow it until she figures out 'whites not runny')

Scott (do I see a baby in the avatar) B

Oh yeah Scott, all done in the camera. I'm telling you it's like photoshop these days with the cameras creative options and Apps! The multi-silhouette one also looks pretty cool for creativity sake I'm thinking

Thanks for the comments,
    Jay

Both were pretty nice.

It's about time to re-visit PlayMemories Camera Apps site for new apps.

I agree Antony and why not play with the features I say? It's fun first off, and the results are great if you don't feel like editing yourself in post and shooting raw, etc...

I want to get a few more apps as well

Jay

I love the effect.