Thread: Check out the Minolta on my Sony Nex-6

Check out the Minolta on my Sony Nex-6

Check out the Minolta MC Rokkor PG 50mm f/1.4 lens mounted to my Sony Nex-6. Have any pics of your Nex camera with old school Minolta lenses mounted to share?? Register Here >>

Thanks for looking,
    Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

How could we forget the older Minolta lenses . Thanks to Sony for keeping the mount as such & what a boon to have Autofocus & Image stabilisation in camera. I can still use the older magnificent lenses with all the features . As of now I am currently in possession of 2 Minolta lenses. One is the famous Minolta AF 70-210 F4 which was colloquially known as the Beercan lens & the other one is Minolta 75-300 . I will soon be adding a MINOLTA AF MAXXUM 24mm 2.8 into my Minolta collection.

Thanks for the comments Cinjith, I really wanted one of those beer cans for my Nex-6 until I got the 55-210mm lens e-mount lens. I still kinda want it, but more for fun that practical purposes now. The 24 f/2.8 is a lot harder to find on Ebay I notice as it's one of the widest available for a reasonable price. The Minolta MD 24mm f/2.8 Lenses on Ebay look tempting >>
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Jay yes it is hard to find the 24mm F2.8 on Ebay & I got it for around $155 on bidding. Will be getting it by next month 1st week as my friend will be bringing it from US. Expecting it to be a nice lens. So effectively I will be using 36 mm Focal length with this 24mm in my A57. Jay yes you can have it for fun purpose because the beercan will be too heavy for the NEX series. It weighs almost a Kilo. Full metal body. I still works the way it is supposed to even after usage of around 20 + yrs .The lens was introduced in 1985.

hi going to get one off them beer cans quality off those cats sold it for me

RAY
    fujifilm XT1 Sony rx10. Sony he 5v Sony a6000. Soon !!

https://500px.com/flow