Thread: Time-Lapse App from Sony - Sample Footage

Time-Lapse App from Sony - Sample Footage

I took some Time-Lapse sample footage while at the hospital over the last few days. I was pretty happy with the results considering the cameras were just resting on the windowsill I used cloudy day mode and standard settings. You can get the Time-Lapse Application for your Sony camera Here on the Playmemories Portal >>

Time-Lapse - Cloudy skies with a storm and rainbow a the end

Thanks for looking, and I think with some practice, proper WB, and moving the camera also, I can create some cool footage! If I ever get the time that is....

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony Nex-6, 18-55mm, 55-210mm OSS Lens, 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

I was just at Sony site looking at this app

It certainly has a lot of potential, and you can take still photos as well for a much higher quality output via post processing if desired Worth the $10, because it will work on multiple cameras. I have mine installed on 3 or 4 already.

Thanks for the comments,
    Jay

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony Nex-6, 18-55mm, 55-210mm OSS Lens, 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Hardcore Member
    I'm guessing this won't work on my a350?

How many frames did this video utilize? And I'm guessing you would not want have to do the post-processing on every frame to make the darks-lighter, and the lights-darker to give the frames the correct 'feel'.......

Scott (interesting rain movement) B

Quote Originally Posted by SDB777 View Post
    How many frames did this video utilize?
    frame rate: 24p or 30p
    Still: L, M, S
    Movie: 1920x1080, 1280x720
    (if the camera supports those rates)

Compatible cameras: NEX-5R NEX-6 NEX-5T ILCE-7 ILCE-7R ILCE-5000 DSC-HX60V ILCE-6000 DSC-HX400V DSC-RX100M3 ILCE-7S ILCE-5100
    Amateur and unskilled photographer with a very small collection of gears.

Quote Originally Posted by SDB777 View Post
    I'm guessing this won't work on my a350?

How many frames did this video utilize? And I'm guessing you would not want have to do the post-processing on every frame to make the darks-lighter, and the lights-darker to give the frames the correct 'feel'.......

Scott (interesting rain movement) B
    No, this will only work on the App ready cameras that Antony mentioned above You can basically have it take a photo at whatever interval you want in seconds, and then for whatever length you want (40min say) That will then result in X number of images on the camera. The App then takes those photos and compiles a .mp4 video file that is ready to share and then delete all the photos. You can just take the photos also, and yes in theory have to process each frame, but that is really easy to do in Lightroom with Syncing! I have never made a time lapse that way, but the results are usually better from what I have seen. HDR Timelapse can also be done and requires each frame to be HDR'd first and then combining all those files! They have scripts for this sort of thing, but again I have not dabbled with it....

Jay