Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony A7s Reviews and High ISO Sample Photos!

Sony A7s Reviews and High ISO Sample Photos!

Here is a really great initial review of the full frame Sony Alpha A7s with High ISO comparison samples photos and much more! Courtesy to Michael Reichmann over at Luminous-Landscape.com >>

Sony Alpha A7s for ~2498 US @ Amazon | BHPhoto
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony Nex-6, 18-55mm, 55-210mm OSS Lens, 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Sony A7s officially tested by DXOMark.com and it's the new "Low Light light Champion" Sony A7s Review @ DXOMark.com (Click Here)

Jay

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony Nex-6, 18-55mm, 55-210mm OSS Lens, 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Steve Huff has a Sony A7s and is posted an initial article with several sample photos here: http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2014/0...ng-the-limits/

Jay

The TheCameraStoreTV just published the Sony Alpha A7s Review!

Jay

Steve Huff Reviews the Sony A7s officially and says "Wow. Period."

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2014/0...ew-wow-period/

A great overview showing off the A7 vs A7r VS A7s @ BHPhoto Click Here

Sony Alpha A7s – High ISO Lab Testing and Sample Photos (Click Here)

I just put these up on the main site if you want to check them out! Oh yeah, the A7s is in the house!

Jay

Great!
    You have typo in the title "Sony A7R High ISO Lab Test Photos"

Thanks fixed it.

Best A7-series camera yet Obelix!

Jay

Here is ISO 409600 which looks similar to ISO 16000 on the Nex-7 if I remember correctly Certinaly has more purple than the A6000 @ 25600, but not bad really considering.

Jay

Here is what a Jpeg look like strait off the camera re-sized for web.

Jay

Jay, the photo are not showing up...I'm on Safari (Mac)
    Sony Alpha A6000
    SEL1018 : SELP18105G : SELP1650 : SEL55210 : SEL50F18 : SEL35F18 : SEL30M35 : SEL20F28
    VCL-ECU1 Ultra Wide Lens Converter
    Fotodiox PRO NIK(G) - NEX D-Click Adapter
    ECM-XYST1M
    HVL-F20M
    LIM'S LE-HCA6000BK Half Case
    N
    eewer Vertical Battery Grip

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dragion/

Novice with a passion for creativity!
    Joint Photographic Experts Group

*hand-held only

Quote Originally Posted by dragion View Post
    Jay, the photo are not showing up...I'm on Safari (Mac)
    Are they still not showing up?

Thanks, Jay

Kai from DigitalRev TV just came out with his Sony A7s review and it's entertaining as always!

Jay

I see pictures.
    Looks like Kai is starting to like Sony cameras

Yeah, he is finally coming around and said at the end:

Now, It's up to Canon and Nikon to keep up with the game!

Thanks for the info on the photos as well,

Jay

The PhoBlographer (Click Here) talks about the Sony Alpha A7s and Street Photography. Really interesting read with a few insights I have not heard or read yet!

by Chris Gampat on 07/09/2014

http://www.thephoblographer.com/2014.../#.U8OpKKj2eIy

Jay
    Last edited by Jay; Jul 14 2014 at 07:05 AM. Reason: fixed link

Sony A7s Rolling shutter and Metabones Speedooster Test

Sony A7s Rolling shutter and Metabones Speedooster Test courtesy of Philip Bloom

Jay

Another review of the Sony Alpha A7s courtesy of TechRadar (click here)

TechRadar's verdict

"It's a great camera but its comparatively low pixel count and high price mean it's unlikely to have wide appeal amongst enthusiast photographers. However, it will find favour with those who need to be able to shoot in near-dark conditions or want lots of control over video."

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Are they still not showing up?

Thanks, Jay
    Working...now.

"I see said the blind man to the deaf mute"
    Sony Alpha A6000
    SEL1018 : SELP18105G : SELP1650 : SEL55210 : SEL50F18 : SEL35F18 : SEL30M35 : SEL20F28
    ECM-XYST1M
    HVL-F20M
    N

*hand-held only

Some great reviews out there for the A7s...thanks for sharing the links Jay.

I'm waiting for the A8 or whichever one I can afford!
    Sony Alpha A6000
    ECM-XYST1M
    HVL-F20M
    N

*hand-held only

Sony A7s Dynamic Range Testing

Dynamic range testing done courtesy of Cinima5D and the Sony A7s destroys the competition!! 14.1 stops of DR which basically means you don't need HDR that much and your video will really be able to capture the highlights and shadows if you use the killer sLog2 gamma profile which I recently wrote about here >>
    I really need to learn how to work with raw type video more, because it's hard for me at the moment and easier to use the more processed looking profiles instead. They sell plug-ins for final cut pro X, but I don't want to buy anything if I can learn how to do it with the program properly. If anybody has some good links to tutorials, please let me know!

Name:  Test-Scores_DR.jpg
Views: 893
Size:  22.9 KB

Jay

Blog Entries
    dont need a flash with this ISO 409,600

ray
    fujifilm XT1 Sony rx10. Sony he 5v Sony a6000. Soon !!

https://500px.com/flow

Sony a7s Astrophotography Review

Courtesy of Ian Norman we have an excellent Sony Alpha A7s Astrophotography Review!

Full review with lots of excellent sample photos and insight here: http://www.lonelyspeck.com/sony-a7s-...graphy-review/

Panasonic GH4 vs Sony A7s Review - 4k vs ISO

Thanks to LearningCameras.com for this shootout between the killer full frame Sony A7s and the Panasonic GH4

Two brand new video cameras with different strengths going head to head is always a ton of fun. Not quite as fun though of having to make the decision of which one of these cameras to purchase. We all know by now that nothing beats the A7s in low light and the 4k in camera shooting of the GH4 definitely has it's advantages. So which one of these cameras should take it's place in your camera bag, let's find out.

Jay

Here is another Sony A7s specific review from LearningCameras.com

The Sony A7s brings the awesome capabilities of the original A7 and combines them with a new 12mp sensor making it a low light king, a ton of video features such as zebras and peaking, and records it all internally at up to 60fps @ 1080p internally or 4k and 30fps using an external recorder through the HDMI port. But is that enough to keep it alive as the competition increases in this video segment? Check out the full review in this video.

Full Review This way: http://www.learningcameras.com/revie...ony-a7s-review

Jay

My Sony A7s Review is finally published on the Main SonyAlphaLab Website Click Here >>

Jay

Cool Sony Alpha A7s Video Review - Best Low Light High ISO Camera Option

I published my Sony A7s Video Review on youtube if anybody would like to check it out

Sony Alpha A7s Review - Best Low Light High ISO Camera Option

In this Sony Alpha A7s full frame mirrorless camera review, I will go over all the details that matter like real world image and video quality, high ISO lab testing, focus testing, how the camera works, and much more…. I have tons of sample photos to show you including some newborn studio photography of my new boy Jase, HDR photography, extreme low light photos, and lots of everyday real world situation shots.

Jay

Nice review. Thanks Jay.
    Amateur and unskilled photographer with a very small collection of gears.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast