Ok, so I've just bought a Sony A7-lll a week ago.. Hmmm which lens? Ah, a Tamron 28-75mm f2.8, that will do for now, but what's this? Not a 67mm UV filter to be found in the shop. Ok I'll go down the road to the next camera shop.. What, not a 67mm filter to be found there either, what's going on..?? It'll have to wait until I'm in town next time as I have to get going, now...

Ok, I bought a 67mm UV filter a couple of days ago. I would have liked a B+W one but they didn't have any,, the guy said "but, I would recommend one of these Sirui filters. They are quite good and much cheaper - I use them" - and here's me thinking Sirui only made Tri-Bi-Monopods... Ok, done deal... I get it home, open the packet, tears off tab with rear plastic cover, tear off front tab, put filter on lens and away I go. Just an hour ago I wanted to find out how good these Sirui filters really are so I hit google and do some searching. YouTube video shows guy putting on same filter on a lens but hang on, his had two covers, front and rear. For some silly reason now, I remember on the front tab on mine, it came off by itself, no cover. I got back out the packet it came in and sure enough, no actual front cover, just the tab. I looked super closely at the filter and could only just see the cover was still on the filter, and it took some removing,, I couldn't get ahold of it carefully, but finally did, c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y. I had already taken a small handful of shots with the front cover still attached but they still look ok...

Be more careful Al,,,
AlSony