Thread: A9 problems ?

Advanced Member

A9 problems ?

Hi All.

As you know, I bought an A9. Not long after, the LCD screen stopped working.
    I took it back to Jessops in the UK, and showed them the problem.
    Ok if it got sent for repair, it would probably take 4 - 6 weeks to get sorted.
    Unfortunately I had already booked a foto holiday in Ireland, around Connemara, and did not want to risk not having the camera back in time, also, after returning from Ireland the camera would still be under warranty.
    On returning from Ireland I took the A9 to Jessops for repair or replacement. Now Im just waiting for it to come back.

I donīt use the LCD for photos, just for the menus, and its rather irritating doing the menu changing through the viewfinder.

Does anyone else have this problem ?

Cheers

Wally

Advanced Member
    Well, despite Jessops saying that the repair could take 6 weeks mebbe 8 , surprisingly enough Jessops phoned this morning, to say the camera was back in the shop and yes there had been a problem with the wiring & the LCD screen,and that had been replaced...
    Great !
    Apart from the fact I flew to Las Palmas yesterday, not expecting the camera back, any time soon.
    Ok Christine is taking it for a walk to test it, and so far she says its all back to normal.
    I guess Sony took an immediate interest, in the repair of their flagship.
    Cheers
    Wally. ( Oh they also extended the warranty for a further 6 months from the date of the repair, Thanks Sony ! )

Hi Wally,

Good story about Sony servicing their customers well. Nice to know and hopefully this is the new "standard".

Happy shooting,

Stef