Thread: My knee replacement (Warning does look a little yuk)

My knee replacement (Warning does look a little yuk)

Well Got my knee replacement done on the 2nd of March and I am still feeling the pain of it.
    I knew it was going to be sore but this sore I wasn't expecting.
    But its done now and I am home and not up to taking photos but the wife took these on her iPhone.

My operation was not as planned as when they were ready to remove the last bit of bone my artery was attached to it.
    So this had to be cut off the bone and I had no idea until the next day at about 4pm.
    But on the next day at 6am the doctor who done the operation asked how I was and he touched
    a few part on my leg and was off again.

I wasn't allowed out of bed for 2 days and this is a long time in the modern way but the cut artery had to mend before I was allowed up. And the touching by the doctor was down to the same thing and my foot was affected by it.
    They couldn't find a pulse in it but over time it came back.

So I am going to show a few shots and even one of my all tensed up with pain as the staples were coming out of which I had 46 of them.

Attachment 5885
    Side by side
    Attachment 5886
    About to come out
    Attachment 5887
    Coming out here.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

Brutal Gramps!! My Dad had both knees replaced now and it definitely sucks, but worth the agony based on how great my Dad feels now You have some easy walking in your future if you put the required Physical Therapy in, and it's not easy either!! It's very painful and must be struggled through according to my Dad. He is very tuff and can take pain, so believe me I feel for you!

My best to your recovery and sorry to hear about he complication. Sounds like a Dr blunder to me honestly...

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Thanks Jay and Yer its one painful operation but then you ask someone else and they will tell you it was easy.
    So its up to the person.
    I am proud of how I can handle pain but this was and is over my threshold.

I the blunder its wasn't the doctors fault as the artery was attached to the bone which had to come out.
    And because my knee joints are such a bad way it wasn't anything he could do to .
    So really under that he done a great job.
    Thanks for letting me know how your Dad went I am glad he is doing good and please tell him from me,
    He is braver than me as it will take a long while before I get the other one done.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

Hang in there Gramps. I guess in a few (days/weeks/months) you'll probably say it was worth it.

But I hate the thought of pain. Hope never having to go through this...

Wishing you the best recovery.

Stef

Thank you Stef and I appreciate what you have said and I have to say the right knee is quite well on the way to being stuffed.
    Lucky for cortisone injections as that 1 I had has lasted well over a year. And the longer I can put it off the better.
    As I know this one hurts, but as you said in a few months I will wonder what all the fuss was about.

The good thing about posting this here is no one is trying to be the doctor.
    On a few pages I am on there is you should be up to here by now or you should do this or that.
    Here is is a different story and is why this is home.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

Hardcore Member
    My neighbor had knee surgery but did not seem to do the therapy and exercises. A year later he still is limping because he did not do the therapy. My brother had both of his hips done (a month or two apart) and he is almost as good as new. The moral of this story is do the therapy.
    Gear: Sony A6000, Canon T5i, Zeiss 16mm-70mm, various Canon lenses, PS Elements, various Topaz plug ins.

Mike