Thread: Sydney Harbour Bridge

Sydney Harbour Bridge

This is the Sydney Harbour Bridge and shot one was taken from the room we had the night before we left on our cruise.
    The other shots were taken from the taxi we had to get to our big boat (ship) so they were on the move shots.
    The last shot is from the other side of it .
    All these were taken with the 18/55mm lens and was the most used lens on our holidays.
    So it sort of angers me when people say it was only taken with the kit lens.
    Like they are blaming the lens for their mistakes.

Attachment 5876
    Harbour Bridge with Luna Park there with the Ferris Wheel
    Attachment 5877
    As we approached the bridge
    Attachment 5878
    Nearly in the bridge here
    Attachment 5879
    In the bridge and I looked up and seen this workmanship that make this stand up proud
    Attachment 5880
    And here is one from the other side of it.
    Last edited by Gramps; Feb 21 2018 at 01:52 PM.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

Cool photographic journey. I prefer the shot of the structure (#4) but the most unusual (to me) is to see all the vehicles driving on the "wrong" side of the street. ;-) Just my cultural bias but still it feels weird...

Cheers,

Stef

Thanks Stef and the sides we drive on does look a little weird when we see it on the opposite side that we are use to.
    I like that structure shot also but its not my favourite shot but I still like it.
    I done a little research and 6 men died building this.
    2 from falling off and the other in hospital from their injuries which I think would be crushing injuries.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

Funny how many structure types engineers can come up with when they have to build a bridge. Almost never two alike...

The Sydney bridge is a nice one. Don't expect to ever see it with my own eyes but we get to see it on TV every New Year day since you start the celebrations ahead of us!!

Thanks for the "visit". :-)

Regards,

Stef

Thanks so much Stef for your reply to this.
    To me this bridge in a lot like the bridge in San Francisco, not in how they are built but in popularity.
    I am glad to have gone on the bridge to get from one side to the other and to get some what I think are nice shots of it.
    Then to get the bridge and the Opera House in the one shot was one thing I am happy to cross of that list.
    But is has been good doing some landscape shot for a change and I enjoyed doing them.

Before we set off I took the camera from my usual setting of burst mode to one click one shot.
    So I had to make sure I was getting them right far more that I need to the other way.
    But this camera is a marvel to use and I have not got a bad word about it or any of the Sony camera's I have owned and used

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters