Thread: Photo Sharing

Photo Sharing

I have come here as I am quite sure the people on here will have to answers to my question and a totally unbiased opinion to.
    I now have been ban from facebook for a week which is about to run its course tomorrow.
    Then I will have all my rights back.
    Though I wished the people who made the complain could be named just as if it was a court thing.
    I think its unfair that one person can complain and this happens.
    For one thing I am not sorry for speaking the truth and as they say the truth hurts.

So all this week I could see stuff but I can't even like anything.
    Very school yard crap if you want my opinion on it.
    But this means I can't post up my photos to to it ar anything.
    And I have got a serious feeling that, because I am honest I will make more comments and maybe to te same loser with complain again.
    If this happens, I think it will be a month and then 3 months.
    So I would like to find a photo sharing place that is free.

I know of Flickr and this is one I don't want to go to but if its the best about then I may change my mind.
    When I find a photo sharing place I will close down my facebook as I honestly have not missed it in this week off.
    I did miss the lack of ability to post photo's.
    So any help will be very much appreciated.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

I done a fair bit of research on this question after I had posted it and found some of the ones I liked were good but they were trial periods.
    And even if I put in free it still bought me to more than a few with these trial periods and thats not what I wanted.
    So I have doen what I said I didn't want to do and went over to Flickr and I have posted some photo's on it only so I can get to grips with it.
    Call me slow but I am not finding it as easy as I would like it to be so I might look at the other one which looks good which is 500 or something like that.
    As I know and have sort of said I know for a fact that in time I will be placed on a ban in facebook.
    So I want to have a photo hosting place so my family and friends can see my shot.
    But I very much doubt that too many will go to the trouble of getting a yahoo account just to see my shots.
    So I don't blame them one little bit at all.
    Now its time to look at this other one.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

I believe "self censoring" is the goal here by facebook, and by punishing you for speaking your mind they are very effective. I gave up on them, and pretty much all social media years ago. I just use them as a promotional tool for the website at this point. Facebook and others, clearly have a political agenda they are pushing and they manipulate searches and feeds to promote said agenda. That is their right, but I don't have to use them, nor do you.

I really don't know where you can go these days to just speak and post freely. Your welcome to here, but obviously the audience is limited... Flickr is pretty good, but limited comments. Forums are probably your best bet for comments and audience as it relates to photography. If you want to talk about other topics, then I would search for places that cater to that for a better chance of not being banned etc...

It's crazy times with all this political correctness nonsense and the taking of free speech thru "bully like" intimidation tactics seams to be the current agenda from what I can tell...

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony Nex-6, 18-55mm, 55-210mm OSS Lens, 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Thank you for your insight into this and I agree with all you have said.
    With photos which is my real aim to get out there and really for my family and this includes the the likes of cousins on the wifes side as I wouldn't know if I have got cousins in the world anywhere, as we grew up neber knowing or seeing grandparents or uncles and aunties ever. So it all on the wifes side and my brothers and sister and kids which look at my shots. And they do like to see what I post.
    Its pleasing to know that quite a lot of them really enjoy what I post (Photos).
    I will call the other stuff political which gets me in trouble and I told my sister inlaw's father that what he post is pointless as it what I was commenting on and getting in trouble with.
    So I told him I will no longer comment on the thing that I know he is posting to get bites on. Me, being the one not to hold back did.
    But I will no longer reply to what he post as its just him shit stirring, and me getting in trouble.
    So yes self censorship is the word to use here.
    But I will keep my Flickr thing open and thanks for saying I could post things up here.
    But I honestly think there are a few thing that can be said in a photo forum but I think politics should not be one of them.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters