Thread: Keeping an eye on things

Keeping an eye on things

It has been going on now for around a year. I am sleeping one night or with luck 2 nights and the the next one no sleep.
    The cause of this is arthritis and my back (please no sympathy as this isn't the reason for this).
    So on these nights of no sleep I am usually playing on YouTube and Photoshop and now a little in Lightroom.

Last night was a no sleeper and I had a thought of taking a shot of my eyes.
    Grabbed the camera and macro lens on it and into the bathroom as its the best lighting we have got in the house at night.
    I got these shots and I was quite surprised by how much harder it was to do.
    The focusing was the hard part as I never put it into auto. So I got it to a point where I thought and got these.

Name:  DSC05540.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  215.6 KB

Name:  DSC05541.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  226.0 KB

Name:  DSC05552.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  57.5 KB

Name:  DSC05554.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  56.1 KB

Name:  DSC05558.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  56.4 KB
    Last edited by Gramps; Sep 4 2017 at 07:25 AM.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

Very nice eye close-ups Gramps And yes, it's really hard to do this yourself!! If you can see the LCD screen you can try manual focus or try moving around the focus point using flexible spot with AF.

Thanks for sharing,
    Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony Nex-6, 18-55mm, 55-210mm OSS Lens, 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

I tried to do all that but it was all thumbs but I worked out to focus it to where i thought it would work by focusing on something close and it worked that way.
    The next hard thing was to get the area I wanted in the shot and I think that was the harder thing to do.
    But in the end I got what I did and was happy enough to get them.
    Thanks for having a look at what I have been up to also.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters