Thread: Tamron SP AF 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro Lens

Tamron SP AF 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro Lens

The lens in the title is what I have just bought of eBay.
    It was on there for $250 Australian and I am not sure how long it was on there but I found it.

The reason I found it was I just sold all of my coins.
    I made a deal with the wife that I can get a lens and some other thing to do with photography.
    So I pick a draw pad the is USB as I think it will be fun to lean it with my photos.
    And this lens, the rest will go into our travel fund which the wife wants to go to the UK as she has 1st cousins on her dads side.

The lens I pick was mainly to please the wife. As with my other macro which the details are below.
    Well I have to get in close to spiders for it to work well. So this one will let me get the same shots but at a distance that she likes.
    I have had a look on the youtubey thing and found its not one lens trick thing it has got other uses.
    So I am looking forwards to the new lens then to learn how to use it
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

Great lens Gramps, I have same version. You will love it.

Awesome purchase!! I agree, you will love that lens based on my experience with the older version

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony Nex-6, 18-55mm, 55-210mm OSS Lens, 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

I have the manual (Adaptall, goes way back) version of this lens and it is one of my preferred optics.

Very versatile, including portraits. Happy shooting!

Stef

A more than pleasing review on this lens.
    And thank you one and all for putting in your thoughts on this lens.
    Now I really can't wait to get it. I done some shots today so I could compare results.

With this lens I have only to get the big 200mm lens maybe the Samyang 14mm for stars and a 2x teleconverter.
    And followed by a go remote controlled Shutter release thing.
    I think once all this is in I will be happy with what I have got and then it will be time to update my camera to close to what I have now as I am really happy with where I am at the moment. As I don't intend in getting out to make money. I a purely a for my own entertainment.
    So if all things are equal I with a slight bit of luck will have my new lens tomorrow.

I will post up a few shots from today as I thing they turned out quite well.
    So thanks to everyone with your thoughts on the lens as it now makes me know I have done the right thing.

I forgot to add that its Fathers Day here in September its either the 1st or 2nd Sunday of that month.
    The wife ig going to tell our son who will send up money or a gift card to send money.
    I made a rule on this and its that you can only send $50.
    This was made as we know the daughter is not the best in that money department.
    So I made the rule and it works for us.
    So I will use that money to go towards a shutter release on eBay.
    Taking one thing off my list.
    Last edited by Gramps; Aug 17 2017 at 03:39 PM.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters