Thread: Tribute to my old bike

Tribute to my old bike

As the photo will show what the bike model was but not the make it was Yamaha XT 500.
    Better known as the Thumpers as there were a single cylinder that went really well.
    I had a chase with the cops on it and beat them but my final little part of my get away was stuffed up as I never slid the bike far enough around to push it behind the fence.
    If I done that I would not have been caught. Oh well it was a load of fun And done on resealed road which they put tar or should i say emolument down. Then a cover of gravel. Rolled in to stick but it is a very loose surface for many weeks later.
    I was taking corners with easy and never missed a beat.
    I headed for the bush and the cops sent some of their mates back to get their bikes to catch me.
    It was a stupid move I couldn't be caught. No I am not a big head, I was just that good on it.
    Well when they got out bush I played with them by zooming this way then that way and just left them basically standing.

So after awhile of making them look second rate which they were, I headed home.
    Needless to say They actually knew me really well and decided to stack out the parent home.
    As I said I never slide the bike far enough around to get it in the gate and out of harms way as I had no rego on it.
    Which is one of the reasons I took off. The other one was I was doing a mono up the main street and my luck there happened to be a cop car at the top of the road.
    So I took off.

And today I paid tribute to that bike with a tattoo of it so I can forever remember it.
    Attachment 5688
    My new tattoo
    Attachment 5690
    A photo from the net of what it was.
    The change I did make was I took a little triangle baffle off and that made it breath easier.
    And in turn that made it faster.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

Really cool bike, great story, and way to pay tribute to such memories

Thanks for sharing,
    Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Great story and good looking tattoo.

Time and size lineup of Yamaha Enduro at local rage track
    Last edited by Obelix; Aug 9 2017 at 08:49 PM.

Hardcore Member
    Must have had fun with that. And sounds like you had fun with the police.
    Comments and suggestions welcome but please do not modify my photographs

Sony a6000 with 1.8 24mm Sony-Zeiss lens, Canon 7D with 400 5.6 and 580 EX II flash with Better Beamer

As a young fella I as many of that age held no fear and just thought the cops were there to get in your way of fun.
    But at that time its what you thought and how you acted and would I take any of it bad?
    Hell no it was my life and it is what made me what I am today.
    My son is a cop now and I have got a great respect for them.
    But on this day they had no chance at catching maybe the best bike rider of that area.
    I was well known to them back then for speeding and doing mono's everywhere.
    And thank you to everyone for your comment on this, and yes I would do it again but I would be caught far easier now.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

Advanced Member
    Nice one Gramps.
    Back in 1972 I bought one of those Aermacci-Harley Davidsons, 250 cc, trail bike, because that was the largest cc, you could ride on a provisional licence, at the time.
    Had great fun riding around Denmark & Germany.

Hardcore Member
    That is one great looking cycle Gramps. I have never been on a motor cycle which may make me a wimp of sorts. I had too many bad spill on my Schwinn bike. But to give the bike a boost I and most of we kids added turbo boosters; See below:

Name:  th.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  17.7 KB
    Gear: Sony A6000, Canon T5i, Zeiss 16mm-70mm, various Canon lenses, PS Elements, various Topaz plug ins.

Mike

Just love it Mike as it was something done world wide with the old push bike.
    Bought back so many memories when I seen the shot.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

I had a Suzuki GT 250, simple bike easy handling.
    a6300, a6000 , x700 wMD-1, Pentax k30, a580, a560 , a100 (stollen), 650si Date, 9000+MD90/BP90, XG-M, srTmcII,Nikon EM, Nikon N80, Hanimex Practica, Konica AutoreflexA, Ricoh KR5 super
    Peacock Designs

I think I remember them over here and they were a kind of boxy look to the tank.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

Hardcore Member
    I had Suzuki 259 6 speed in 1969.
    Comments and suggestions welcome but please do not modify my photographs

Sony a6000 with 1.8 24mm Sony-Zeiss lens, Canon 7D with 400 5.6 and 580 EX II flash with Better Beamer