Thread: Some Church

Some Church

I just found this frame in the archives and never posted it as best I can tell. I'm not sure what church it is, but I do enjoy the symmetry and lighting

Thanks for looking,
    Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony Nex-6, 18-55mm, 55-210mm OSS Lens, 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Well done, good exposure/light (or HDR?) with nice perspective and well centered.

Feels like a small community church. Those are disappearing (being closed or sold/converted) around here as the villages are loosing their (younger) population in favor of larger regional centers. Priests that used to be plentiful are now a rare occurrence, which does not help revitalizing shrinking parishes.

So shots like these are one day going to be classified as "historic" or patrimonial.

Regards,

Stef

I have no religion at all but I like church buildings a lot.
    So of them may be plain and simple outside yet you get in and there is all the craft works of tradesman on show.
    They hold a lot of interest even to people like me.
    Well done Jay.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

Thanks guys and yes it was an HDR photo Stef A very small Church indeed and I honestly don't know if it's in regular use anymore these days. It seams like to me the need for religion is coming back to some folks, but that is more of a feeling on my part than anything else... I think all the chaos with the age of information is starting to give some people pause to think on life and purpose in this crazy world...

Gramps, I really enjoy the geometry and symmetry with Church's in particular. It's just eye candy for me

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony Nex-6, 18-55mm, 55-210mm OSS Lens, 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens