Thread: Photography Watermarks

Photography Watermarks

I know many don't place these on their photo's and for all sorts of reasons as it is going with those who do watermark their photos.
    Over my journey of the wonderful world of photography I have used watermarks on my photos.
    My reason is to sort of claim ownership of them, but all the time I know anyone can take the watermark off and claim it as one of their own.

I think I have been taking photo's since early 2011.
    In this time it took over a year before I worked out how to make one and then I was off.
    I started with what I loved as I made it. Then as time went along and I think I got a little better at it.
    I began to think I need something a little better.

Over time I have used or changed my watermark.
    I'm not sure if it is a sign I have grown or I thing the one at that time is no longer a representation
    of me any longer and I have to change it to what is.
    My last one which was the Wasp one had a couple of meaning's behind it.

To my one I am now using, this one is the Wolf Prints, the prints plays no part here as its just a sort of play with the words.
    But the Wolf part has got meaning.
    My real name after looking it up everywhere it means of the Wolf.
    And other Wolf things all over the place.
    I love dogs also and it sort of made me think that this has far more meaning towards me than the Wasp.
    So I had Wolf Images and it sounded okay but just fell short to me.
    Then the print came to mind and put them together and it was like a glove.
    Plus the prints part can stand for a print of a shot you have taken.
    So now I think I a totally happy with what I have got.
    I feel it represents me well so I hope this to be my very last watermark change.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

Good for you Gramps It's nice to find what works for you best, and clearly you got your watermark situation ironed out!!

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony Nex-6, 18-55mm, 55-210mm OSS Lens, 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Thanks Jay, it has taken a while to come up with what I am sure as the day is long that I will be using this one.
    Even thinking of getting it done so no one else here can use the 2 words in photography ever because they will be mine.
    But I have to see if its really worth while as I nave got no interest in going into this to make money.
    Whichis where this will work but its something I should look into.
    I know here if you use your name you are okay but I'm not.
    So I must do some thinking.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters