Thread: Rain Coat

Rain Coat

The day we went to the motocross it started out as a cold day and it had all the markings that rain was going to happen.
    While we watched the bikes in action the rain did come but it was very light.
    And I know my camera is water resistant but I know its not waterproof.
    As the day went along the rain started to come down a little heavier.
    And then the last 2 races were up and the rain came in and it was not light rain but it was a good soaking rain.
    To add to it the wind had picked up as well as the cold factor.
    Well I was really sore and it was now when the camera would be in trouble so we called it a day.

On the drive home I knew I had to get something to protect my camera on days like this.
    Looking on ebay I did find some covers that will fit any camera and this is when I thought I should give it a go and make one.
    Over the next week I set to work on making one.
    And this is the one I have made. I just need to get the string on the lens end so I can put my smaller lens on and know they can be used to.
    Over all I am more than happy with it and my hands suffered due to arthritis but I got a feeling of knowing I done it.
    Attachment 5657
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

Nicely Done!!
    a6300, a6000 , x700 wMD-1, Pentax k30, a580, a560 , a100 (stollen), 650si Date, 9000+MD90/BP90, XG-M, srTmcII,Nikon EM, Nikon N80, Hanimex Practica, Konica AutoreflexA, Ricoh KR5 super
    Peacock Designs

Thanks mate. I know over time I will make a few modifications but you have t start somewhere.
    I put the draw string so I can tighten it up around the lens and it worked really good.
    My next thing to do is to find a candle and rub it into the edges with the hope that this will really water proof it.
    Even if it lets me stay out there for longer than others, then I know I have got it right.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

Looks pretty darn effective to me, even if it's poring rain out! Very nice job and thanks for sharing

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Thanks again Jay. That day I found a need for it and I just thought I could make one cheaper than buying one.
    But the bought one would look a lot nicer, but this one I have got the pride in knowing I made it.
    I think I might have to rearrange the back but I need a wet day to see it I can do without doing anything.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters