Thread: I might get booood..... But !

Advanced Member

I might get booood..... But !

Its not exactly a Mid Life Crisis, after all, Bossy Bessie & I allready have the motorbike, The Moto Guzzi Breva 750, that everyone sees on motoguzziriders.com and , A long ride in america at freewebs.com.
    Anyway, On the 17th, I fly from Las Palmas, to Gatwick, and Christine & I are going to rent a Fujifilm GFX with the 32 - 64, f4 zoom.
    Then we shall fly to shannon and meet our great friend , Teresa, for a week of exploring county Galway, along with seeing her lovely family again, and we shall be trying to do some shots of the west coast , in all its savagery , along with casual shots of everything.

Then, once back in the UK, I will see, if I can rent a Sony A 9, to do a comparison, unfortunately at this point in time, no one is renting out an A9.

Anyway, its something different, and Im looking foreward to it. Obviously, buying the A9 would let me keep my lenses, whereas the GFX means starting from the bottom, also the A9 is substantially cheaper than the Fuji GFX, and as said then Ive got to buy GFX lenses on top o that, and they all cost around 2000 Gbp !

I will update as and when.
    Cheers All

Wally.

Elite Member
    wally wrong comparison...you comparing a landscape fuji with 50 Mega pixel against a camera made for sports and action.....and 24 mega pixel...not even close...

compare against a7r2 at 42 megapixel fella I can tell you now the detail will be heaps better on gfx compared to a9
    Camera : Sony A6000
    Sony Lens : FE 90mm f/2.8 G OSS Macro , 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS, 10-18mm f/4 OSS ultra wide,FE 16-35mm f/4 OSS ZA Lens
    Sigma Lens : 30mm f/2.8 DN

500 px : https://500px.com/stevemeier

Advanced Member
    Hi All.
    Back from Ireland. Well, I guess, going by advertising, when Sony declared the A7 as the smallest full frame camera, yes I was impressed.
    So I swallowed the same line of advertising , about the fuji GFX50s, which is all very well, when you know nothing about medium format cameras.
    I suppose in the world of medium format, it could be classed as small, however, in real life, it´s HUGE ! Especially with the 32 - 64 f4 zoom on it !
    So, on getting my security deposit back from fixation, I bought an A9 with the 24 - 70 f 2.8, and it is great !

Here is a picture taken by the Thames, of a tiny spider, having caught a mayfly, much bigger than it´s self, trying to drag it back to its lair.

Advanced Member
    Ooops ! Just noticed this area, is not for photography related stuff ! Sorry ! Jay, can you please move this to where ver it should be , thanks.
    Cnt find my reading glasses, sorry !

The Fuji GFX reminds me a lot of the old Sigma SD10
    Last edited by OldNoob; Jun 10 2017 at 03:00 AM.
    a6300, a6000 , x700 wMD-1, Pentax k30, a580, a560 , a100 (stollen), 650si Date, 9000+MD90/BP90, XG-M, srTmcII,Nikon EM, Nikon N80, Hanimex Practica, Konica AutoreflexA, Ricoh KR5 super
    Peacock Designs