Thread: Getting a new Knee

Getting a new Knee

For the last 5 years I have been plagued with painful knees and this is on top of my back and all the arthritis I have got in my body.
    So far I have had 3 clean outs on my right knee and 2 on my left knee. But it takes about 6 months to a year when the pain comes back.

We have got the Orthopedic Doctor here who not too many like due to the fact he is very blunt.
    If you see him and you are overweight he will let you know as he did with me.
    And over the time we have a good understanding. I know what he's like and he knows what I am like and we have respect for one another.

So I had an appointment with him and I knew I was going to head back to hospital for the 3rd clean out of my left knee.
    He put his palm of his hand on my right knee and lifted up my leg. His face screwed up and he said that not good.
    But I have recently had a cortisone injection in the right and this masked the pain in it really good.
    But the actual injection was so painful and the fella doing it said the position he had to give it to me was the most painful place on the knee.
    He was so right but it took a few days to work into the area and now its quite good.

The my Ortho Doctor placed his palm on my left knee and raised my leg.
    Again he screwed up his face and said this ones even worst. While he said this he was walking back to his chair.
    He sat down and said we will book you in for a knee replacement and then talked about what had to be done.
    But I was like a Roo in the headlights of your car. I just sat there not ready to hear this.
    The clean out yes, a complete knee replacement no.

So now with this on the table I hope that I will be able to get about a little more once its done.
    But then I know my right knee will need doing as last time he cleaned it out he told me and the boss that he could go no further as he was at the limits of cleaning off the bone.
    So this means he can't clean it out again and a replacement is the only option for me.
    Yes I am a little scared but starting to come to terms with it now.
    But I think when my time is up I will be worth more is scrap metal in my body over bones in my body.
    The boss might be able to make a profit from me if I go before her.
    But this is what I am in line for just not too sure of the dates.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

Hardcore Member
    My brother just had two hip replacements....three months apart. He and everyone else I know (with knee replacements) are so happy with their results. Most wish they had done it sooner than they did.
    Gear: Sony A6000, Canon T5i, Zeiss 16mm-70mm, various Canon lenses, PS Elements, various Topaz plug ins.

Mike

Mike I am pleased to hear your brother is doing well and is now moving on with life with a lot less pain.
    I to have got a brother who had only one knee done and he has never looked back. I hope i am one of these one to.
    I know I would need one sooner or later but when the Doc started talking about it I got a big surprise.
    As I was ready for a clean out, But now I am looking forwards to it and I think I will try to get the other one done as quick as I can.
    The this will leave me with my normal back pain and arthritic pain.
    My friend who is the same age as me has had a replacement done and he is traveling really good also.
    So they have got it right these day. I got told its and overnight stay in hospital which I should be able to cope with.
    So it bring it on.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

My Dad and my wife's Dad both had knee replacements with amazing results. My Dad is going in for his other knee in a few months. Harsh reality is it's a few weeks of pain at first, no question. After about week three it's starts to really get good quickly with less pain each day. Thus was my dads experience, and he did everything by the book and was in good shape physically going in other than the knees of course. He uses swimming to keep himself in shape when he's injured, and finds it really helps. It's super easy on the joints and is a very effective workout.

Best of luck and you will be better off from everything I have heard and seen...

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Thanks Jay I am hoping it works out well for me and a little bit of self sympathy I live with pain everyday with my back and arthritis in close to every joint.
    So to lose some pain will be good but i am sure I will more than likely not notice too much.
    But I think once the left is done I will be booked in to get the right knee done.
    I will be worth a mint went I fall off the planet in scrap metal.
    Got quite a good collection of it inside already.
    But I am sure I will feel a lot better once done.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters