Thread: A7II Settings D-Range Optimizer & White Balance

A7II Settings D-Range Optimizer & White Balance

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't this only pertain to Jpeg images only & not raw? I always thought it did but starting to learn more about my camera & starting to have questions, at times things aren't always as it seems. Also what about White Balance? I always leave mine in Auto & correct in post when I shoot raw. Does it pertain to Jpeg images only?

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jp_flkeys View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't this only pertain to Jpeg images only & not raw? I always thought it did but starting to learn more about my camera & starting to have questions, at times things aren't always as it seems. Also what about White Balance? I always leave mine in Auto & correct in post when I shoot raw. Does it pertain to Jpeg images only?
    No Dynamic range is the range of light that the camera can handle.....Jpeg is when you take a photo and the camera coverts the image and does porcessing of this and makes a photo.

Raw stoes as much of the data without processing and gettin rid of it, so you can do more with it like set the white balance...Try setting white balance of a jpeg......

you should just set your white balance and leave it and shoot in raw and then change white balance to suit in post processing....because you have all the data from the raw image you can do this.
    Camera : Sony A6000
    Sony Lens : FE 90mm f/2.8 G OSS Macro , 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS, 10-18mm f/4 OSS ultra wide,FE 16-35mm f/4 OSS ZA Lens
    Sigma Lens : 30mm f/2.8 DN

500 px : https://500px.com/stevemeier