Thread: I got a Jeep

I got a Jeep

On Friday here we drove 5 hours to swap my Ute for my new but its secondhand Jeep.
    Not really sure what made me beging to look but I think it was my wife belting my ears over the Ute sitting there.
    Telling me I should have got a 4x4 or some sort of higher wheel based car over my Ute.

I done a little research and found this Jeep and I showed her and she liked it.
    So I sent the caryard a message and told them what I have got and that I like this Jeep in their yard.
    I got a call back and they asked for some photo's of the Ute so I done that and sent it to them.
    The next day they got back to me telling me that I would have to pay out another $1,000 or so dollars.
    Which I shit him down right there and then and hit him with, the Ute is a year younger the Ute has more than half the kilometers on it.

SO he supposedly went back to his boos and it was how I wanted it, a straight swap.
    I know they got the better deal in all area's except for me being able to get in and out of it.
    We got lost and yes with a GPS but still managed it and we drove my new Jeep home and I am really happy with it.
    Yes its way different from the Ute and I will get use to all things in it in time.

So what I got was a Black 2007 Jeep Cherokee 65 Anniversary Edition.
    I quite good shape but a few things will need looking at in time but I have a lot of that.
    We had a battle to find a nice name for her and we came up with Nell.
    So here is Nell.

Attachment 5538
    Front on and I love this look
    Attachment 5539
    Passenger Side
    Attachment 5540
    Rear View
    Attachment 5541
    Front drivers side
    Attachment 5542
    Looking down on it.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

Hardcore Member
    Nice photos of it and congratulations. What was your ute? Not familiar with that.
    Comments and suggestions welcome but please do not modify my photographs

Sony a6000 with 1.8 24mm Sony-Zeiss lens, Canon 7D with 400 5.6 and 580 EX II flash with Better Beamer

Attachment 5846
    Here in Australia we call these Utes which is short for Utility meaning many uses I think it really means.
    But because everyone wants to follow what America is doing the word of Ute is slowly going to become Truck.

I do think some of the bigger one that are made should be called trucks but for the ones like my old Ute.
    The name Ute should stay. I have pulled up people here calling my Ute a truck.
    I just asked them and you are American are you? to be answered No.
    Then I say then its a Ute.

I liked my Ute but I love my Jeep, have done from day one of owning it.
    I hope this helps you know what a Ute is.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

Hardcore Member
    Thank you yes. Back in the 60s in the US Chevrolet produced a similar car/pickup called El Camino (the road) and Ford offered it's Ranchero.

Sony a6000 with 1.8 24mm Sony-Zeiss lens, Canon 7D with 400 5.6 and 580 EX II flash with Better Beamer

Hardcore Member
    I love the Jeep and the dark blue color! Way to go Gramps! The Wrangler and Liberty versions are made in my home town (Toledo, OH)
    Gear: Sony A6000, Canon T5i, Zeiss 16mm-70mm, various Canon lenses, PS Elements, various Topaz plug ins.

Mike

Mike hate to say but Wilma as I have named her is Black.
    I think the sun on it make it look like the dark blue as I notice it once it had been said.
    The Ute has a massive following here in Australia and I think a Ute which is made by the one I had is called the Maloo.
    Has got some sort of speed record but don't quote me on that though.
    Oh Maloo is an Aboriginal word for Storm or Thunder.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

Hardcore Member
    Gramps this is what I drive. I don't know if you get them in Australia. Mine is branded Renault but is produced by Dacia in Romania and marketed as a Dacia in some countries and Renault in others. Mine is called Renault Dynamique 4x4. The 4x4 system comes from Nissan. Has three settings" 2wd, Intelligent 4wd and 4wd Lock.

Pitter I can say I personally have not seen one of these but I would say in the city area's there would more than likely be there.
    We now have no car manufactures here as our Holden just closed down at the November.
    And this can only mean more and more cars will be new to us all here.

My biggest complaint to this is Australia has been a 4 door country of drivers.
    It would be well close to to 80% of cars with 4 doors.
    And America will try to get in here but they are a 2 door society and this just will nor work here.
    The other point to this is that it is close to 50/50 for normal cars to SUV's.
    The number is growing to the SUV side.

Not sure if you know much about car racing, but here we have a race called Bathurst 1000
    Now this has been really a Holden verses Ford. And here it is this to a high degree.
    We are Holden people and it will be strange when the new imports come into the race as I know us Holden people will say its not a Holden.
    But over the years to come we will have them as our Holdens and not that of imports.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

Jeeps are Great Ive had 4 over the years from CJ's to Warnglers to Cherokees plus the occasional Subaru and Landcruiser fj40
    Currently i Have two Grand Cherokee's

Although,, i do soo miss my old XJ! it was the best!
    Last edited by OldNoob; Dec 16 2017 at 10:37 PM.
    a6300, a6000 , x700 wMD-1, Pentax k30, a580, a560 , a100 (stollen), 650si Date, 9000+MD90/BP90, XG-M, srTmcII,Nikon EM, Nikon N80, Hanimex Practica, Konica AutoreflexA, Ricoh KR5 super
    Peacock Designs

Awesome Jeep photos in this thread and congratulations on the new wheels Gramps My Nephews from Texas both have jeeps currently and they love them!!

Thanks for sharing,
    Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

It has been a while since I have been here doing the right thing.
    And I have noticed that there have been a few great replies to this.

We recently went away with our 2 granddaughter who are in our area and took them to see our son and this gave the girls the chance to see their cousins again.
    It was a great get away and the Jeep went really well.
    Our youngest granddaughter here knew I had name my Jeep Wilma.

She came up one day and said Gramps Wilma shouldn't be Wilma because it looks like a boy and not a girl.
    Not this is out of a close to 9 year old so who has any logic to say she was wrong.
    We did look at Wilma and studied what she had just said.
    And we came to the fact that we thought that she was so right.
    Now this left me to rename Wilma.
    My wife came up with Wilson yes the Cast Away name for the basketball (sorry if it wasn't one of them)
    So from that day one Wilma was now called Wilson.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters