Thread: Overall General Update

Overall General Update

Just thought I would give a general update on what has been going on and looking through the old posts in this section.
    For one my laptop which has the 1080 screen and I will swear by it and would never go to anything less that this ever again.
    All pictures and even watching DVD's on it is so nice to watch.

My Ute which I named Chief and later told by Mr Obelix that there was an Native Indian Tribe in America that were named the Ute People.
    This made me quite happy to see how well it all fell into place, but over time I have been thinking.
    Over here in Australia we call our cars, she's. And Chief is a male name. So I thought I should change it.
    With a little research I came up with the name of a Tribe that has a sort of womanly sound to it.
    So no offence to anyone as this isn't the intention of it. I have called her Cheyenne which I read it is said as Chey Enne and not how we would say is as Cheyanne.
    I have I think kept it to one native of the country as I am a person who has a liking to the native races of the countries.
    That is here and America as they know more about the land that we ever will.

My new camera bag that I have bought with wheels on it has worked out one the one time I have taken it out at home.
    So I am pleased to say its much easier in a few ways its just swapping lens where I have to get down to it.
    But with change comes different challenges.

So overall I am doing okay with most thing but there are always things there to test us.
    I hope this finds everyone in good shape and thanks for reading this little update.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

Elite Member
    Good to hear Gramps...
    I am just getting out taking shots and practising Night shoots for astro.
    Learning a few more post processing things in photo shop

And finally bought some 100mm ND grad filters, took the plunge....just waiting on reverse ND grad now...have a photo trip planned for our autumn in april with about 10 others in queenstown area....so should be good fun.
    Camera : Sony A6000
    Sony Lens : FE 90mm f/2.8 G OSS Macro , 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS, 10-18mm f/4 OSS ultra wide,FE 16-35mm f/4 OSS ZA Lens
    Sigma Lens : 30mm f/2.8 DN

500 px : https://500px.com/stevemeier

Thanks Steve, its good to hear that you are getting out there and doing other stuff and learning.
    I do my photoshop learning due to the back, so most times its basically all I have to keep busy.
    But not after you poor bugger or anything as its a great way to learn. And you do learn because you are doing the stages of it.
    We have got an area about 2 hours from home where they are now painting the Silo's.
    And they are really good but if you are as close as I am and you do what I do then you have to go there to get the shots of them.

One lot was done by some famous fella and now there are a few more done.
    So we will be out for the day stopping at the silos and getting the shots.
    It will be good to post them when we get there one day soon.

And on your astro shots I think its a little addictive. I never thought it would get me but it has.
    I want the lens now to do more on the stars as I think I am close on okay with my moon shots.
    But the stars I need to get that lens.
    But tonight the moon is really close and I mean it looks closer than the silly Super Moon.
    But I took my 1st lot at 9 pm and the next at 10pm and I will try to do it every hour.
    Until the clouds get in the way, but we deserve them as it was a blistering 47 plus give or take a 0.1.
    So she was a hot one here today.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

Elite Member
    read this website for astro and what too to gramps
    http://www.lonelyspeck.com/

This guy has all the info and he shoots sony camera
    Camera : Sony A6000
    Sony Lens : FE 90mm f/2.8 G OSS Macro , 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS, 10-18mm f/4 OSS ultra wide,FE 16-35mm f/4 OSS ZA Lens
    Sigma Lens : 30mm f/2.8 DN

500 px : https://500px.com/stevemeier

Thanks for showing me the link to that site I will sit down tomorrow morning and go through it fully.
    Last night I done moon photo's starting at 9pm and every hour to 2 am and the last lot was 2.30am.
    And there were slight changes in it to.
    But as I think I said I think I have got the moon shot to a good point at the moment.
    And that new lens will help with the star shots.

The other thing I was supposed to say is I now have got a facebook page linked to my main facebook to put only my photo's on.
    It is sort of like a man cave for my photos, as facebook is so full of doom and gloom and I want a place to hide for a while.
    So I made up the page and put in the rule that its only for my photo's and no one else.
    My nephew thought he could get away with post up a photo of his but I seen it and deleted it straight away.
    And slowly I am deleting all my photo's off my main page, I like it and that all that matter really.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

Thanks for the update Gramps and good for you figuring out the proper name for your newer car You must be happy when naming something I say!

Also, good idea with the facebook page!! You can also use Flickr which is much more catered to just photography and displays your work in a really eye pleasing way. My Flickr Page >>
    I think I recall you not liking that site for some reason however, which is totally understandable. I'm trying to stay off all social media except for posting links to new articles and reviews. I just gave up making friends and stuff, because the climate of the internet these days is horrendous I find and mostly a total waste of time. All negative crap, and you must be on one team or the other with every issue. I hate that and just won't be a part of it anymore. My time is extremely valuable, and I need to cut out whatever I can.. I have my world here to share with what I consider real friends, and have no fear of anybody freaking out one way or another..

Thanks again for the update and good luck with the moon frames if you didn't already take them. I know this post has been up for a few days now

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens