Thread: My camera bag need to change

My camera bag need to change

At the moment I have got a Lowepro 250AW over the back bag style bag.
    I have learned a very valuable lesson while I was away with this bag, which is a brilliant bag but it just not for me.

As I think many of you know I have got a bad back and a heap of arthritis.
    While I was walking about with the camera bag my mid back and shoulder plus neck region began to hurt so much.
    I knew about these parts of me not being right but now I need to get it looked at.

So over the 7 or 8 days my back was in constant pain. If you have been in hospital for pain related stuff they ask what would you score your pain at.
    With 1 being nothing to worry about and 10 being its so bad you need a doctor.
    Well I have grown use to my pain and is at a constant 8 and higher.
    While this holiday it was at over 10.

So at night times when it was quite I began to use my mobile phone for my internet.
    I promised I would not say a word of this to these facebook pages but I will here.
    As I think this is really important. If you suffer with a bad back and are going to be doing large stints taking photo's please don't take your over the shoulder bag.

Please do what I am going to do once I can find the bag I want.
    What is it you ask, well I am now looking for a camera bag that has wheels and a pull along handle.
    It has to be better for you and me. The over should bags will hurt you so much.
    I am not looking for any sympathy but I am after a few good pointer on a mid priced roller bag.

So far I have looked at a few Lowepro bags but I do think the price is a little high, then there is the Think Tank ones which are a little closer to my price range.
    If you know of any out there with wheels and is a pull along and at a okay price can you please point me in the right direction.

Thank you to everyone and I hope you have a great New Year in 20117.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

I have large APE CASE backpack, they make same one with wheels. $169.00 on Amazon
    https://apecase.com/product/acpro400...ller-backpack/

Lowest price I found is this one, $69.99 on Amazon
    http://www.photosel.co.uk/camera-acc...d-accessories/

Elite Member
    i just got a lowpro 400 but did consider the 350....I can attach my landscape tripod to the back and has room to tramping stuff and snacks for a day walk.....can take all my gear and filters......weather proff and has cover....very comfy
    Camera : Sony A6000
    Sony Lens : FE 90mm f/2.8 G OSS Macro , 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS, 10-18mm f/4 OSS ultra wide,FE 16-35mm f/4 OSS ZA Lens
    Sigma Lens : 30mm f/2.8 DN

500 px : https://500px.com/stevemeier

I just found a nice looking but still useful bag on rollers for me on eBay.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261491693...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    The link above should take you to it.
    But this isn't just going out to buy a new bag but its so I can continue to do photography.

If I had to stick with my bag now I know for a fact most shots would only be done close on hand.
    As I would only have the one lens and maybe I might carry and extra one. And that would limit what I was able to do.
    So this is going to extend my time in photography, though I do think I need to see a doctor about my upper back/shoulders are getting worse

When I get it I know it will take me a good few weeks to sort it to where I am happy with everything in it.
    So if you are like me and suffer with either neck,shoulders and or back.
    And you are planning on a holiday please take this as your lesson and don't that the camera back you carry over your shoulder.
    All you are doing is asking for trouble and i mean in pain wise.
    Sell your old bag and look at getting one of these pull behind or push in front of you bags that has wheels.
    I know it will help me out with my back and shoulder in the long run.

Thankks to those of you who replied to this also.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

I got my new roller camera bag today and so far I have pulled it apart 2 times. I dare say there should be about another 2 or 3 times before I have got it right.
    But the ease that is roll behind you is so good.
    I just ask any of you who read this and know someone with a bad back or even shoulders.
    Give them the hint to look for a roller bag over and above the usual camera bag.
    This is all I ask. I know how hard it was on me and if this information can save someone from having to go though what I did over Christmas.
    I will be so pleased. As I know on a field test this will run first each and every time.
    Thanks for listening to me rambling on.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters