Thread: I'm Back Everybody!!

I'm Back Everybody!!

Hi guys, I'm Back!!

Please stay tuned for some serious NEW content production in all areas

Life is crazy and things happen for a reason, so I will roll with the punches and do the best I can to make things happen. I realized with this extened break, that I need to just take more breaks. Perhaps 3 weeks on and 1 week off would work for me. Or maybe just 1-2 hours a few days a week for example. Bottom line, I will figure it out and continue working on SonyAlpahLab.com!

If anybody is interested in helping out with the website, please let me know!

Also, let me know if you have an review requests, or questions regarding anything Sony, Photography, or Video!!

I'm back people!!

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Looking forward to the reviews!
    a6300, a6000 , x700 wMD-1, Pentax k30, a580, a560 , a100 (stollen), 650si Date, 9000+MD90/BP90, XG-M, srTmcII,Nikon EM, Nikon N80, Hanimex Practica, Konica AutoreflexA, Ricoh KR5 super
    Peacock Designs

Welcome back Jay! Glad you were able to take a much deserved break. While we love seeing new content and reviews, family and work is most important.

I recently picket up a Touit 50 and will try to post some thoughts / sample pics about it in the forum when I have a chance to get out and use it more. If you do have time for reviews I would love to hear your thoughts on this lens and the Sigma 30/1.4, and how they compare to the other lenses in their respective Touit or Sigma E-mount lines that you have already done such an excellent and thorough job reviewing.
    a3000 & a5000: Touit 12/2.8, 32/1.8, and 50/2.8, Sony 55-210

Thanks for the reply Brandon and I did use the Touit 50mm f/2.8 Macro Lens for a few days, but never got a chance to review it properly. I loved the lens though and the quality of the images was killer from what I recall. I had a bunch of other equipment at the time and just could not get that review completed. It holds up tot the Zeiss badge in my opinion if that is what you were wondering. The Sigma 30mm f/1.4 I have not really done any re-search on, but I will take a look and see what the deal is Sigma lenses have been hit or miss for me over the years, although the DN line is an excellent value for the doller. I have more bad experience with Sigma Zooms I wold say over the years...

Jay

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Please review the Sony Medium Format fixed lens RX2R.
    the HepKitty from Hepcat City.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Ill see what I can do Lucille and thanks for the request

Oh yes this ^. If you get a chance Jay
    a6300, a6000 , x700 wMD-1, Pentax k30, a580, a560 , a100 (stollen), 650si Date, 9000+MD90/BP90, XG-M, srTmcII,Nikon EM, Nikon N80, Hanimex Practica, Konica AutoreflexA, Ricoh KR5 super
    Peacock Designs

I'm surprised both you guys want this camera reviewed over all the other options. A7s II, A6500, etc... It does look incredible for sure, but the web has several quality reviews already. I suppose your looking for my take on this beast specifically? Would my review convince you guys one way or another over the other reviews already out? I'm thinking you guys are missing something from the other reviews that perhaps I will cover? Please let me know what exactly you are looking for when it comes to the RX1r II as far as the review goes? Lab pics? Real world?

Thanks in advance, because I'm trying to come up with a check list of stuff I need to do in order to streamline the review process as much as possible. I'm wondering if I do something in particular that the other reviewers don't do, for example...

Jay

So far RX2R is just a rumor, unless you guys are talking about RX1R II

Quote Originally Posted by Obelix View Post
    So far RX2R is just a rumor, unless you guys are talking about RX1R II
    Ah yes, I think that may be where I was confused The Medium Format part in Lucilles post had me like "what?" I assumed she ment the RX1r II, but now I think its the rumored camera for sure... I'm totally out of the loop on rumors and clearly need to catch up!!

Thanks Obelix,
    Jay

Well, I already put a request in for the RX1R II (this morning), and it looks like I might be getting it soon. I feel bad canceling the request since I have not asked for anything in so long... Stay tuned for the Sony RX1r II onslaught I really am excited to try it out, because the optics and new hybrid AF sensor should allow for some killer frames. Holiday time is perfect for taking photos with a camera like this I'm thinking. A bit wide for portraits of the kids, but wide angle kid photography is also fun! I will certainly bring this beast to the roller skating rink we have been frequenting as well, to see how it fairs in low light focusing environments. It's super dark at the rink!

Jay

I am talking Medium Format, thats all I want to hear about concerning Sony. MEDIUM FORMAT or go home and send Lucy off to Fuji. Got that Sony?

They can call it a RX2, RX3 or maybe even 'the Lucille'....... just make it Sony.
    the HepKitty from Hepcat City.

I am talking Medium Format, thats all I want to hear about concerning Sony. MEDIUM FORMAT or go home and send Lucy off to Fuji. Got that Sony?

They can call it a RX2, RX3 or maybe even 'the Lucille'....... just make it Sony.
    I hear ya loud and clear this time Lucille I can't review a camera that does not exist yet, but I can review the RX1R II for you at least... I think you might already though? If the A9 and/or RX2 medium format camera ever comes out, I will be chomping at the bit to review them, don't worry!

For now, I have the FE 24-70mm, 70-200mm GM lenses, the RX100 V, A6500, and RX1r II to review. I will take my time though and probubly only do one review every other month these days... I just can't spend the time like I used to anymore.

Best,
    Jay

Hi Jay,

Very glad to see you back. Looking at the list you have already put together of stuff to review, my first thought would be: easy man, don't overdo it, pace yourself.

One item I am wondering about is the 70-200mm GM, especially combined with the 2X tele-converter. So if you can check that combo, I would be grateful. My real question is the optical effectiveness of the 2X (considering the lost of light) vs magnifying/cropping into the high-rez (and faster) baseline image. I have not seen so much said about the TC yet. No rush though.

Anyway, welcome back again...

Stef