Thread: Window Tinting

Window Tinting

People here in Australia know we are now heading in to our summer.
    Where I live we can and do get 2 weeks of 40+ degree's Celsius and this makes doing anything really hard.

I was looking at getting the Samyang 14mm lens so I could start taking shots of the stars and I was really looking forwards to it.
    My wife is away earning a little more pocket money and was ready for me to get the lens.
    Though here at home we have just gone through 2 days of 32+ Celsius and this was when I thought of this.

Instead of getting the lens I am going to get my windows of my Ute (America = truck) tinted.
    I have been out driving around looking for a few thing to take photo's of and the small cabin was quite hot.
    So I told the wife I would like to get the windows tinted and then later told her and a tattoo.
    And she said no worries. So when she gets home on Monday we will get the Ute booked in to get that done.
    And she has contacted our lady tattooist and working out a time for both of us.

I think I might get my hands done but I might want to get what I want bigger.
    But I will get my hands done one day soon.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

I've tented a couple of cars in my day and i learned the hard way never go cheep with window tent. The cheep stuff turns purple after a while. Also installers today often put the tent on the outside, because it's easier and faster for them. if they give you a choice tell them you want it on the inside, it will last longer on the inside.
    a6300, a6000 , x700 wMD-1, Pentax k30, a580, a560 , a100 (stollen), 650si Date, 9000+MD90/BP90, XG-M, srTmcII,Nikon EM, Nikon N80, Hanimex Practica, Konica AutoreflexA, Ricoh KR5 super
    Peacock Designs

I'm not sure where you are from but I am sure its illegal or not the practice to put the tint on the outside of the windows here.
    I have never seen it done this way here.
    On the cheap stuff, I have seen that what you have said and we always go to a mob that do it as their job so you do know its the good stuff.
    I'm hoping the wife when she get back home will sort this out as she likes to try to get a bargain no matter what.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    I'm not sure where you are from but I am sure its illegal or not the practice to put the tint on the outside of the windows here.
    I have never seen it done this way here.
    On the cheap stuff, I have seen that what you have said and we always go to a mob that do it as their job so you do know its the good stuff.
    I'm hoping the wife when she get back home will sort this out as she likes to try to get a bargain no matter what.
    You're correct. I had a misunderstanding.
    a6300, a6000 , x700 wMD-1, Pentax k30, a580, a560 , a100 (stollen), 650si Date, 9000+MD90/BP90, XG-M, srTmcII,Nikon EM, Nikon N80, Hanimex Practica, Konica AutoreflexA, Ricoh KR5 super
    Peacock Designs