Thread: Tamron 150-600mm EF-s mount on a6300

Tamron 150-600mm EF-s mount on a6300

Or otherwise titled... "The grand experiment"
    So i just got this lens and adapter today. A lot of tweaking is needed.
    For one thing the Andoer smart adapter needs some velvet anti-glare lining in some places.
    The lens gets confused when focused on a light source. It craves high contrast things to focus on. maybe there are some camera setting i can fiddle with to improve this.
    There is also very odd "Flashes of white" intermittently when focusing, i suspect this may be some brief communication error between the lens and the camera.
    More research is need.
    The lenses Vibration Control works really well, im very impressed with it.
    This lens is darn heavy
    Name:  1128162138.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  273.8 KB
    Further testing to come.
    Last edited by OldNoob; Nov 29 2016 at 04:17 AM.
    a6300, a6000 , x700 wMD-1, Pentax k30, a580, a560 , a100 (stollen), 650si Date, 9000+MD90/BP90, XG-M, srTmcII,Nikon EM, Nikon N80, Hanimex Practica, Konica AutoreflexA, Ricoh KR5 super
    Peacock Designs

"Red Sky in morning, Sailor take warning"

First time i've ever noticed atmospheric refraction this bad in one of my photo's, but that 600mm will bring it out for sure.
    a6300, a6000 , x700 wMD-1, Pentax k30, a580, a560 , a100 (stollen), 650si Date, 9000+MD90/BP90, XG-M, srTmcII,Nikon EM, Nikon N80, Hanimex Practica, Konica AutoreflexA, Ricoh KR5 super
    Peacock Designs

Awesome frame! Loving the color and depth and lens for sure!

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony Nex-6, 18-55mm, 55-210mm OSS Lens, 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Awesome frame! Loving the color and depth and lens for sure!

Jay
    Thanks Jay. Although i am still having some auto focus issues with his lens and adapter. I tend to think (and hope) the issues come from the cheep adapter. it's as though the lens is not getting a signal from the camera to stop focusing even though i do see a green focus point briefly in the viewfinder. Ive tried the limiter,, and slowing down the lens drive speed , but nothing seems to help.
    Peacock Designs

Do you have the focus set to Continuous? If it is set to AF-C, the focus will never really stop. AF-S is single shot focus mode. Just a thought I had.... I can totally see the adapter being the issue as well though

Jay

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony Nex-6, 18-55mm, 55-210mm OSS Lens, 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Do you have the focus set to Continuous? If it is set to AF-C, the focus will never really stop. AF-S is single shot focus mode. Just a thought I had.... I can totally see the adapter being the issue as well though

Jay
    Thanks Jay , i tried that and still no focus lock at 600mm, so i took the lens to a "nearby" camera shop ( about 30 miles away ) and they let me test the lens on a Canon mark 5 the lens worked great no issues. So it must be the cheep adapter missing some necessary coding. I'm Ok with that and a bit relieved.
    Peacock Designs

Good to hear and thanks for the reply on the investigation work It must be the adapter then at this point I would have to agree... Have you looked to see if there a firmware update for the adapter by any chance?

Jay

I have got the tamron 150/600mm lens and it has worked a treat for me until one day I went to use it and nothing would focus.
    I tried every setting I could, so I called the shop I got it from and they told me to do what I had done. So it was time to send it of.
    Which I did and in a week or 2 I got it back and with the note it said the Aperture arm had come loose and some other firmware needed doing.
    This lens now is even better than the day I got it. I actually tried it on Auto focus today for the 1st time since I have got it back and it worked well.
    So I think you have got a good lens but I could be bias to.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    I have got the tamron 150/600mm lens and it has worked a treat for me until one day I went to use it and nothing would focus.
    I tried every setting I could, so I called the shop I got it from and they told me to do what I had done. So it was time to send it of.
    Which I did and in a week or 2 I got it back and with the note it said the Aperture arm had come loose and some other firmware needed doing.
    This lens now is even better than the day I got it. I actually tried it on Auto focus today for the 1st time since I have got it back and it worked well.
    So I think you have got a good lens but I could be bias to.
    Glad you had happy results. If i need to do that, about how much did hat service end up costing you?
    Peacock Designs

Elite Member
    go manual focus fella.....with something that large will be far quicker to manual focus.
    Camera : Sony A6000
    Sony Lens : FE 90mm f/2.8 G OSS Macro , 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS, 10-18mm f/4 OSS ultra wide,FE 16-35mm f/4 OSS ZA Lens
    Sigma Lens : 30mm f/2.8 DN

500 px : https://500px.com/stevemeier

Quote Originally Posted by OldNoob View Post
    Glad you had happy results. If i need to do that, about how much did hat service end up costing you?
    The cost to us was only the postage which here was $60.00 or so. It started out as a good lens to then to the point where a hammer was looking like a good idea.
    Got it back and the lens has worked way better that it did when I 1st got it.
    So to the point Steve made about going manual focus with it is a good one as I do a good 90% of them that way.
    I just find it better and most of the time much quicker to get the shot.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters