Thread: Aches and Pains

Aches and Pains

As we go through our journey to growing old a lot of the time what you done as a indestructible young fella you pay for now.
    I got a double whammy with the back and now so much arthritis.
    I find it hard to do quite a lot of shots that you as a younger one can zip down to the ground and back up as easy as anything.
    I now struggle to get down and then back up.

My pains are getting worse, but just to make the point I am after no sympathy at all.
    Give that to the poor little kids who don't get the chance to grow up because of cancer or what ever else stops them.
    My knee's are so bad now and I know that my left knee can't be cleaned out as the doctor who done it last time told me any more and there will be no bone left.
    But my right knee might be able to be cleaned out as it is so sore all the time. And this is on top of my back.
    So tomorrow I go to my doctor to see if anything can be done for my knee, as when I al laying down the only way to stop the pain is fold it up so it is under my left thigh.
    But when I straighten it again the pain is even worse.

So if you are young give your body the time to repair itself so you don't end up being a walking and talking mass of pain.
    But you still have to get out there and do something. So don't feel sorry for yourself as there are others out there is a way worse position.
    Though admittedly you forget about them at times. But life does go on and I think I might have been a nut case if I never discovered photography.
    Thanks for listening and always remember that there is more to life that you think.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

Very good thoughts and reminders.
    having been a shop mechanic and later a tile setter i can truly empathize with how disabling back pain and scar tissue knee pain can be.
    Hope you get some relief.

I would never discourage young persons from doing hard work, because it's a reward in itself, but i sure would like to get it through their heads that there is a smart way to do it. (not the way i did it)
    Last edited by OldNoob; Oct 23 2016 at 05:50 PM.
    a6300, a6000 , x700 wMD-1, Pentax k30, a580, a560 , a100 (stollen), 650si Date, 9000+MD90/BP90, XG-M, srTmcII,Nikon EM, Nikon N80, Hanimex Practica, Konica AutoreflexA, Ricoh KR5 super
    Peacock Designs

The kids of today are not as strong as we were at the same age.
    But some might be but they tend to be the lazy ones.
    I never got a good education as I hated school and my mother sent me to a school where all my mates were not going to.
    So I think I rebelled against that. The school I wanted to go to was twice as close to home but she wouldn't listen.
    This made it so all I could do was manual jobs. I enjoyed the hard work. Even got told that I was too stong for my own good.
    As many time at one job I would carry things around that when everyone was there 2 would carry it.
    But being alone I just picked them up and moved them much to the bosses amazement.
    So I was my own worse enemy as a young fella. I would change a few things but not what I done just the way I done them.
    I am now hoping to get my right knee cleaned out as we are going away for Chrostmas and walking about now is bad.
    So if it works out it might be fixed and make it easier for all.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters