Thread: Why do some get so upset at the resurection of an old thread in some forums.

Why do some get so upset at the resurection of an old thread in some forums.

Ive never experienced it here but...
    Sometimes ill be researching a photographic issue or lens, or even other technical research and ill find an old thread with useful, helpful information on the subject,, or i have insights to add to it. However once i comments on it, invariably i'll get blasted by someone who seems so offend that commented on a thread that was a couple years old.
    DPreview and Dyxum forums are the worst for this it seems. I mean if i am reaching a topic surely someone else is as well and there is useful information in that thread.
    Why do some get so offended by a comment on an old thread?? I've never understood the logic of it.
    a6300, a6000 , x700 wMD-1, Pentax k30, a580, a560 , a100 (stollen), 650si Date, 9000+MD90/BP90, XG-M, srTmcII,Nikon EM, Nikon N80, Hanimex Practica, Konica AutoreflexA, Ricoh KR5 super
    Peacock Designs

Usually fixed by starting with " I realise this is an old thread, but thought this additional info might be useful to others...."
    At least then they realise you're not just a blow-in who doesn't look at the post dates.
    See it all the time on motorcycle sites too.... sometimes its quite funny.... just sometimes.
    A7RII and a couple of GM lenses to play with (loving it)
    Some older Pentax-mount lenses
    GoPro's (HD1's, 2, 4-black)
    Iphone - hey.. its always there!

Work: way too many cameras/lenses (mainly Canon) to deal with, so it was worth buying the Metabones 4.

It's quite funny.
    I don't get upset with old threads myself. When I see old threads got bumped up, I see it as still beneficial to some people after years.
    Amateur and unskilled photographer with a very small collection of gears.

Quote Originally Posted by cws127 View Post
    Usually fixed by starting with " I realise this is an old thread, but thought this additional info might be useful to others...."
    At least then they realise you're not just a blow-in who doesn't look at the post dates.
    See it all the time on motorcycle sites too.... sometimes its quite funny.... just sometimes.
    Good points, ll try to put that into practice.
    a6300, a6000 , x700 wMD-1, Pentax k30, a580, a560 , a100 (stollen), 650si Date, 9000+MD90/BP90, XG-M, srTmcII,Nikon EM, Nikon N80, Hanimex Practica, Konica AutoreflexA, Ricoh KR5 super
    Peacock Designs

What I have found is that there are many Keyboard hero's out there.
    They just think they know all there is out there and take it as a slur on them because they never thought of it before.
    So to make themselves look better they try to belittle you and this is all down to the fact they are playing on they will never see you in their poor little lives.
    Way too many out there that just don't want others to know more than they do.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

Very true Gramps, courtesy and etiquette are still alive in some places.... I think this is one.
    A7RII and a couple of GM lenses to play with (loving it)
    Some older Pentax-mount lenses
    GoPro's (HD1's, 2, 4-black)
    Iphone - hey.. its always there!

Work: way too many cameras/lenses (mainly Canon) to deal with, so it was worth buying the Metabones 4.