Thread: Tiny flower

Tiny flower

I almost walked past these little purple flowers. I was lucky a couple other fella's were walking in front of me and pointed it out to his mate.
    It was enough to make me look at them. The lens I was walking about with this day was my Tamron 70/300 mm lens with a macro button.
    To me this is not a good lens, though I got these I am going to go back with my real macro lens to see if I can get it even better.
    Though this will be down to if they are still there.
    These flowers are only the size of maybe a little bigger than a grain of rice.

Attachment 5165
    Photo One
    Attachment 5166
    Photo Two and I'm sorry I don't know the name of these.
    I might do a search and then edit in the name later.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

I haven't been taking macro photos for quite a while. Actually, I haven't been taking photos with cameras for a while.
    Between photo 1 and 2, I prefer photo 2.
    Amateur and unskilled photographer with a very small collection of gears.

Nice photos Gramps. I too prefer the second shot of these tiny flowers. Think you had the focus spot on with that one. Like your duck series as well.

Willie

Hardcore Member
    Nice job Gramps. I don't know the name of many flowers or even all the small stuff that grows in the country. Weeds or "wild" flowers can be interesting photos. I am the last one to ask about naming, but by and large I really do not care about the name....just the photo. Hope you were able to find the flower again or maybe you will find something else as well.
    Gear: Sony A6000, Canon T5i, Zeiss 16mm-70mm, various Canon lenses, PS Elements, various Topaz plug ins.

Mike

Thank you to everyone on the nice comment on these.
    I did find out today what they are and they are a native Orchid or as I call the awkwards as they are too hard to grow.
    But today they were gone as they only are out for the one day and gone again.
    But I did get a few shot of other flowers and birds today..

Mike I am quite the same as you in this but I am not one to worry about settings and things like that.
    I like to look at a shot and if I like it I like it I don't care about it was taken at F/10 on an ISO of 125.
    Just numbers to me really.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters