Thread: Moon at 2 am

Moon at 2 am

So as per usual I was asleep got woken by my back went to the toilet looked out the window and seen the moon.
    It looked quite nice so I snuck back into the bedroom and quietly got my camera bag and big lens out.
    Got all set up and got to taking a few shots.
    So this time I had a go at placing them in their tracking in the night sky.
    So each shot is actually 4 different photos.
    One where I added them in much closer in their rising and the other is about 4 shot after the last shot.
    This gave me more of a gap between where they were in the sky.
    I like how well these have turned out bt please if you think they are not as good as I think they are say so.
    And I will post one completely out of the camera except for resizing and watermarking.

Attachment 5138
    This is my personal favourite and looks really good as a background wallpaper.
    Attachment 5139
    This one is the longer intervals between shots.
    Attachment 5140
    As it came out of the camera and this is honest.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

I think this is your best set of moon photos yet Gramps! Awesome compositions of the shots and very interesting effect you created as well

Thanks for sharing and very well done!

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Thanks Jay I really liked them to.
    Really appreciate your words.
    I did redo these and I made them look better I think but I will lave these as they are.
    There is a few more idea Ihave got but I need everything to fall in place to make it work.
    So keep watching as I know one day soon I will have what I am after.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

Hardcore Member
    I'm liking the second shot, where the moon is a bit more spaced.
    I first one has a funny 'thing' on the third moon in the stack...near the right edge. Not sure why, but my eye gets pulled right to it.

Scott (wanting to do a strawberry moon sequence like this) B

Elite Member
    fukken awesome luv the second......you need to do a bigger version of this ....with that foregroud house you did on one of your other dhoots with lots of moons..

awesome gramps.
    Camera : Sony A6000
    Sony Lens : FE 90mm f/2.8 G OSS Macro , 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS, 10-18mm f/4 OSS ultra wide,FE 16-35mm f/4 OSS ZA Lens
    Sigma Lens : 30mm f/2.8 DN

500 px : https://500px.com/stevemeier

SDB777 I can see what you mean on that one ans I think it is a little bit of a blur which is fully down to me.
    I thought you were meaning the creator on the moon shots but once I right I seen it right away.

Steve thanks for the comment and the idea to.
    It could and should look okay I think I will have a go at it real soon.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    SDB777 I can see what you mean on that one ans I think it is a little bit of a blur which is fully down to me.
    I thought you were meaning the creator on the moon shots but once I right I seen it right away.

Steve thanks for the comment and the idea to.
    It could and should look okay I think I will have a go at it real soon.

make the moons a bit smaller for picture of house in foregroud...so get lots in shot.
    Camera : Sony A6000
    Sony Lens : FE 90mm f/2.8 G OSS Macro , 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS, 10-18mm f/4 OSS ultra wide,FE 16-35mm f/4 OSS ZA Lens
    Sigma Lens : 30mm f/2.8 DN

500 px : https://500px.com/stevemeier

I am going to have to wait until I think its the 20 of August before we get the full moon, as I think this will work in better for the full composition of this shot.
    But even if I did think of this also Steve I would like to say thank you for thinking of it and then putting it down here. You could have just thought of it and left it there.
    So thank you for that. This is why I like this forum over them all. No one is a big head and there is no one who thinks what you do is wrong and try to make you become a mini them.

So I spos this is a thank you to Jay for picking the right people to be apart of his forum.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

It is also really cool to interact with people from around the globe. Our North American moon shots must look upside down to you Gramps! (And it must be cool to be able to see the southern cross all the time!)

http://mymoonspace.com/blog/?eid=285

http://resources.woodlands-junior.ke...mispheres.html
    - Christopher

Two is one, and one is none.

a6000, a6300, a6500, A7II, A7Rii

Christopher I have just seen your post and sorry for not getting back to you much earlier, here comes the but, But, we have been away and we had bad internet so it made things hard.
    Looking at the north and south part and I will admit to not knowing that at all.
    I thought it would just rotate to be the same in your sky's so I was so wrong.
    I have found that really useful and now I have it bookmarked so I can look at it a couple of times.
    Soon and with a little luck I will get a nice wide angle lens to get the stars as this is what I would like to do a little more.
    And thanks for those links really interesting.

When we were away, we went to where I have got 3 brother living there, it was where we moved from so we know our way around there.
    My sister inlaw (1 of them) had her 60th and it was a party for that but we got the chance to make it a family (sibling's) get together.
    Our parent are gone so it was just the 6 of us, I'm the youngest of us all.
    My oldest brother who is a very religious one was sitting alone with his wife.
    So I took it on myself to talk to him as we don't see each other too often.
    And none of my brother or my sister would go over to him.
    So I sat with them while they were there and he told me that due to him the Astro club in their city was saved by him.
    It was ready to fold and he took it on. Well he has no facebook but his wife shows him my photos of the moon.
    He raved on about them. So he would love this forum.
    Sorry about the long winded crap but I thought it might be of interest.
    Last edited by Gramps; Sep 19 2016 at 10:09 PM.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters