Thread: My new laptop

My new laptop

Today I got my new laptop.
    This one should be way better on the colour side and clarity of photo's than my last one.
    Which is still a good laptop but now handed down to the wife, while the other one might go to the grandies or the daughter.
    Still really not too sure what to do with that one as this in laptop 3 in 2 years.
    So all are still up to date sort of.
    It will take a few days to get all things back on this one.
    On 1st impressions on this it feels like the right way to go.
    I was going to get another one but it was taking forever to come in and this one was a $100 more but had a way better screen resolution.
    This is what I got.

Attachment 5128
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
    Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
    Sony DT 55/200
    Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 Di USD

Plus some Filters

Congrates on the new PC Gramps Best of luck with it!!

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

Thanks Jay so far it has got the feel of being right on the money.
    Today I bought Kaspersky Internet Antivirus for it.
    It was a great deal and it was only $49.95 for 1 computer for 2 years.
    My mate has said this Antivirus thing is the best one out there today so going by what he said so I hope he's right.
    CC is always welcome, the good and the bad. I promise not to take it personal as I know it wasn't meant that way.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

I need a new laptop. Mine is getting tired..... I would rather edit on a laptop and be mobile rather then a desktop.
    the HepKitty from Hepcat City.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    I need a new laptop. Mine is getting tired..... I would rather edit on a laptop and be mobile rather then a desktop.
    I couldn't agree more.
    We have got what I call our Home computer which is the desktop but the laptop suits me far better as with my back.
    It works out so much better for me and has done so for a few year now.
    Having it so you can move from room to room is way better, but I know this doesn't mean it is for everyone.
    A little side tracked here now Lucille I have to say that you are the Mr. Obelix in car photography.
    But you have to be known as Mrs. Lucille as you are tops in what you do with car shots.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters

Sounds like we all need new laptops Mine works great for general use and even photo editing, but video production is really becoming a serious pain in the butt!! It just can't handle the 4k video and demands I want to put on it with all the cool text overlays ect... I must get a new one at some point!!

I also agree with Gramps about the Car photography master Lucille! Clearly in a class of excellence just like Obelix with the birds... Incredible talent on this forum and wonderful people to boot!

Jay
    Jay - Comments, Questions, and Critiques always welcomed and encouraged!

Current Everyday Gear: Sony A7r, Sony A6400, Sony Nex-6, Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Lens, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens, Sony E 18-55mm, Sony E 55-210mm OSS Lens, Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Pancake, Rainbow Imagining MC/MD Lens Adapter w/ Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 PG Rokkor Lens

aw shucks.......*blushes*

the HepKitty from Hepcat City.

Need I say more Mrs. Lucille.

Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
    Sony DT 55/200

Plus some Filters